Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Latest Log Error Warnings

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Latest Log Error Warnings

Post by mandoman »

I don't know for sure if this is actually a bug, or not. I've been getting these Error Warnings in my Latest Log:

14:50:49.895 [shipData.merge.failed]: ***** ERROR: one or more shipdata.plist entries have like_ship references that cannot be resolved: GW-constore, GW-factory, GW-prison, GW-slapu
14:50:52.099 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "adck_bhmBallturret" specifies non-existent model "adck_Ballturret.dat".
14:50:52.323 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "GW-radars" specifies non-existent model "td-radars.dat".
14:50:56.481 [script.load.notFound]: ***** Could not find a script file named linkG7_autoJumper.js.
14:50:59.481 [script.load.notFound]: ***** Could not find a valid script file named linkG7_main.js.
14:50:59.482 [script.load.notFound]: ***** Could not find a valid script file named linkG7_autoJumper.js.

Has something changed about adcksBehemoths.oxp that I haven't yet seen. I just noticed this, so I guess I'll check any updates, but I thought maybe I should report this as well. Sorry if I'm wasting time with this.
Mandotech Industries Wiki Page.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/User:Mandoman
Micha
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Latest Log Error Warnings

Post by Micha »

Are you on Linux or OsX?
In that case, check that the filenames specified in the shipdata.plist have the correct case compared to the files in those OXPs.
The glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Micha wrote:
Are you on Linux or OsX?
In that case, check that the filenames specified in the shipdata.plist have the correct case compared to the files in those OXPs.
I run Ubuntu/Linux. Most of what I see in the shipdata.plist is lower case, except cases like <key>EQ_ADCK_DESTROYER_MISSILE</key>. Is that what you mean? Otherwise, when it refers to a sub-entity like <key>adck_destammo.png</key>, it's as you see. Every .png, .wings, .dat, and .plist that are in that oxp are lower case. I don't know these extended oxps for anything, but it looks to me like the adck_ballturret.dat doesn't appear the same as the other .dat files. Every other .dat file has converted to the colored print associated with such files (from what I've seen so far), while the adck_ballturret.dat is black and white.

Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

mandoman wrote:
I don't know for sure if this is actually a bug, or not. I've been getting these Error Warnings in my Latest Log:

14:50:49.895 [shipData.merge.failed]: ***** ERROR: one or more shipdata.plist entries have like_ship references that cannot be resolved: GW-constore, GW-factory, GW-prison, GW-slapu
14:50:52.099 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "adck_bhmBallturret" specifies non-existent model "adck_Ballturret.dat".
14:50:52.323 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "GW-radars" specifies non-existent model "td-radars.dat".
14:50:56.481 [script.load.notFound]: ***** Could not find a script file named linkG7_autoJumper.js.
14:50:59.481 [script.load.notFound]: ***** Could not find a valid script file named linkG7_main.js.
14:50:59.482 [script.load.notFound]: ***** Could not find a valid script file named linkG7_autoJumper.js.

Has something changed about adcksBehemoths.oxp that I haven't yet seen. I just noticed this, so I guess I'll check any updates, but I thought maybe I should report this as well. Sorry if I'm wasting time with this.
Mandoman, I don't understand much of the actual errors, but there are several issues with ADCKs Behemoths. It has slowly become clear that it is not 1.75 compatible and it is no longer on the compatible list on the Wiki, and ADCK himself considers it a Work In Progress. Please also note that ADCKs Behemoths requires Galactiv Navy to work. Please read from here and onwards in this thread for more details.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Gimi wrote:
mandoman wrote:

Mandoman, I don't understand much of the actual errors, but there are several issues with ADCKs Behemoths. It has slowly become clear that it is not 1.75 compatible and it is no longer on the compatible list on the Wiki, and ADCK himself considers it a Work In Progress. Please also note that ADCKs Behemoths requires Galactiv Navy to work. Please read from here and onwards in this thread for more details.
OK, that's good to know. I do have Galactic Navy installed, but I'll pull ADCKs Behemoths until I see different. Thanks.

Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

mandoman wrote:
OK, that's good to know. I do have Galactic Navy installed, but I'll pull ADCKs Behemoths until I see different. Thanks.
Remember to install the original Behemoths, as Galactiv Navy requires one of them.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Gimi wrote:
mandoman wrote:
Remember to install the original Behemoths, as Galactiv Navy requires one of them.
No worries. I love those Behemoths, and have Behemoths 2.6, and BehemothSpace wars 1.2.3 in the game. :)

Micha
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Micha »

mandoman wrote:
I run Ubuntu/Linux. Most of what I see in the shipdata.plist is lower case,
You will have to check that the filename which the entry refers to is the same case in the OXP folder.

For example, the file "linkG7_main.js" which shows up in the error log, MUST be named exactly like that. If the filename is saved as "LinkG7_Main.js" for example, it will not work. (It would work on Windows, because Windows doesn't care about the case of filenames).

Go through the error log and for every file which it can't find, check to see that (a) the file is actually there somewhere, and (b) that the upper/lower-case for the filename is correct.

To find the file(s), the easiest way is to use your terminal:
$ cd <your OXP folder>
$ find . | grep -i <filename>

eg:
$ find . | grep -i linkG7_main.js

Cheers,
- Micha.
The glass is twice as big as it needs to be.