wings3d problem

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

commanderxairon
Deadly
Deadly

wings3d problem

Post by commanderxairon »

well... it sudently stoped inizialising it just crash after a blackscreen... im in linux ubuntu 11.04

for now im using annother user to launch it but it is kindamessy to take all things from the main user
Pirate Commander: I would taken over Anleis and maked the first pirate system on this Ooniverse and become the monarch of all that empire if This stupid boy and his ship would'nt interfeer

Kuroshido(RXS-mariana) : scooby doobi doo?....

MY CREW
Ironfist
Commander
Commander

Re: wings3d problem

Post by Ironfist »

My guess would be that the crash has caused the initialisation file to become corrupted. The reason I say this is I remeber seeing some sort of popup that said a file was missing the first time I ran Wings3d. I am on win XP at the moment so I am not sure where it will be stored on Linux, I will have a look tomorrow when I can reboot. I would think deleting it would cause Wings3d to rebuild it. But to make sure I would start by renaming it.

Hope this helps
Ironfist
64bit Mint 10 and Win 8 64bit on E8400 at 3.6GHz - ATI HD5750 graphics.
Concentration is the ability to think of absolutely nothing when it is absolutely necessary.
commanderxairon
Deadly
Deadly

that sounds right because i installed 1.4.1 in annother location and it doesnt run too... i quess where it would be?
Pirate Commander: I would taken over Anleis and maked the first pirate system on this Ooniverse and become the monarch of all that empire if This stupid boy and his ship would'nt interfeer

MY CREW
Ironfist
Commander
Commander

Post by Ironfist »

Since it runs OK under another my guess would be it is in a hidden directory in your user directory, not sure what it would be called. I can have a look tomorrow if that helps.

Ironfist
Concentration is the ability to think of absolutely nothing when it is absolutely necessary.
commanderxairon
Deadly
Deadly

ok dude thanks for your help ill wait

EDIT: i deleted and changed the preferences file in the main used and it still crash

MY CREW
Ironfist
Commander
Commander

Post by Ironfist »

From the looks of it there is a .wings file in the toplevel of the user directory. This is a text file that can be opened in any text editor to check it.

Ironfist
commanderxairon
Deadly
Deadly

Ironfist wrote:
From the looks of it there is a .wings file in the toplevel of the user directory. This is a text file that can be opened in any text editor to check it.

Ironfist
i deleted it and even changed it to mach the good one in the other user and still crash

MY CREW
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Have you tried posting your issue on the Wings forum?

http://nendowingsmirai.yuku.com
Ironfist
Commander
Commander

Post by Ironfist »

commanderxairon,

Realised I am running wings3d 1.2 on Mint 11, so I have just downloaded Debian Wheezy which has 1.41 available. I have a spare disk to install it on and give it a play, likely to be the weekend.
Looking at the .wings file it looks like it has directory links in it so moving a copy from another user might pose problems if there are permission problems - not sure.

Ironfist