Phantom escape pod?

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

winston
Pirate
Pirate

Phantom escape pod?

Post by winston »

Well, I just got to Deadly.

Anywho, that's not what I"m here for. I discovered a ghost ship, or at least, a ghost escape pod. On a piracy run, I beat up some poor Hamadryad until he let go of his cargo, but he saw fit to swing his ship around in the process flinging cargo all over the place. An offence punishable by death.

Well, when his ship blew up, lo and behold, there was an escape pod! Some slaves to pick up! Except I couldn't pick it up. I flew right through the pod. I could shoot at it - the laser would disappear at the point it hit the pod, but no hit flare, no hit sound and no damage. I could even fly inside the escape pod. It did show up on the scanner OK.
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

Ah. I think this may be an issue with the new scooping routines, in that objects are set to 'not collide' once they are being tractored, but occasionally an object escapes the scooping and remains uncollidable.

I'll look over my code again next week.
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!
Evil Juice
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Evil Juice »

Yeah, exactly the same experience with an anaconda escape pod
Target lost
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

I've had it with several pieces of cargo, which was defintiely not being tractored, 3-4km out... Didn't register on my advanced space-compass either, only on the scanner. :?