Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Norway Attacks :¬(

Post by Gimi »

greenseng wrote:
The professional investigations points to the conclusions, that this person worked alone.
But...
I must confess that I have serious doubts about that.
Time will show. The Police have not in any way concluded, and are keeping all those avenues of investigation open with extensive support from other countries, including British Police, Europol and Interpol. (According to Norwegian media).

What has been said though, is that apart from what he himself claims, they have no evidence so far to support that he had one or more accomplices. What may be the case, is that he did all the physical preparations and the actual act alone, but had support in planning through the internet or other means of communications from people that he has never met. (This is speculation by the Norwegian media though).

Edit: Just read up on BBC, and must say that there are some things that seem to be partly lost in translation, or it may be that perceptions of what is said differs. I saw that BBC wrote: "Although police sources say other groups are unlikely, Mr Hatlo said he "cannot completely, and I stress completely, rule out that others were involved in what happened". This is correct I suppose, but when this was said in Norwegian during the press conference, it was also said/implied that this was something they were taking very seriously and investigating vigorously.

I tend to believe that he is a lone wolf, but who also has had some support from people who never understood his full intent and ultimate goal. (Just my opinion)
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
greenseng
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by greenseng »

Gimi wrote:
greenseng wrote:
The professional investigations points to the conclusions, that this person worked alone.
But...
I must confess that I have serious doubts about that.
Time will show. The Police have not in any way concluded, and are keeping all those avenues of investigation open with extensive support from other countries, including British Police, Europol and Interpol. (According to Norwegian media).

What has been said though, is that apart from what he himself claims, they have no evidence so far to support that he had one or more accomplices. What may be the case, is that he did all the physical preparations and the actual act alone, but had support in planning through the internet or other means of communications from people that he has never met. (This is speculation by the Norwegian media though).

Edit: Just read up on BBC, and must say that there are some things that seem to be partly lost in translation, or it may be that perceptions of what is said differs. I saw that BBC wrote: "Although police sources say other groups are unlikely, Mr Hatlo said he "cannot completely, and I stress completely, rule out that others were involved in what happened". This is correct I suppose, but when this was said in Norwegian during the press conference, it was also said/implied that this was something they were taking very seriously and investigating vigorously.

I tend to believe that he is a lone wolf, but who also has had some support from people who never understood his full intent and ultimate goal. (Just my opinion)

As you say: Time will show.

But there are other things I don't understand about this guy.

If you are full of hate.
And you dislike the political system and the politicians.
And you don't know anything about constructive solutions.
But only destructive ones.
And you are completely waco.
And you decide to act.
What would you do?

The logical thing to expect would be that the person would wait for an important political meeting in the political building.
Then that he would get himself some protective clothes.
Two automat-weapons.
Force himself in to the building.
And cause a massacre.

But...
Innocent kids???

That is lightyears beyond my borders of understanding.
And I don't want to understand it either.

Dragonfire
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Dragonfire »

It takes a truly deranged individual to go that far. But it merely shows where his focus was - not on the well-being of anyone else, that's for sure.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

I watched the full interview with his appointed lawyer. I think the gist of it is that he's completely bonkers in the sense that his starting point for reality is completely disassociated with the rest of the world's sense of reality.

I have to say I feel very sorry for the defending lawyer - a paid up member of the Labour Party - still in shock when handed the job...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
I have to say I feel very sorry for the defending lawyer - a paid up member of the Labour Party - still in shock when handed the job...
Actually the lawyer was not handed the job, the madman asked for this lawyer to represent him. The lawyer had the option to say no, but, as he claims, reluctantly accepted. He is one of our better criminal defence lawyers, and probably one of the few who can do this job with dignity and hopefully respect for the tragedy this madman has caused.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).