Metals increase problem

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Makara
Dangerous
Dangerous

Metals increase problem

Post by Makara »

I thought my current Commander ended up with an unexpected windfall of platinum at some point, but couldn't be sure I hadn't missed a contract delivery. Finally managed to recreate it, and this time took notes:

Launched from a station where I had saved with a large quantity of both gold (>3,000 kilos) and platinum (>4,000 kilos). Had a sudden rethink about my load strategy so (to save the 20 mins game time for autodock) hit Pause, F2, Begin New Game, then reloaded the save for that station. Lo and behold, a huge increase in my stores of precious metal. Specifically, the quantity of gold had increased by exactly 3,000 units (didn't note the numbers for the platinum increase, it was around 4,000 kilos but cannot swear it was exactly 4,000).

Now, the gold contract was for 3,360 kilos, and my hold originally contained 3,387 kilos. So the precise 3k increase doesn't seem to have come from those variables. It feels as though there is a small gap in the handling of the precious metals when they cross over to occupying tonnage that my slightly unusual combination of actions throws up (forgot to check if my new Jameson started off with a hold full of metals...). Would be interested to see if this is widely recreatable or just due to my particular combination of OXPs.

Running the 1.75.2 Windows install of Oolite. I'll hold off posting a Latest.log in the absence of spoiler tags :wink:
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Metals increase problem

Post by Switeck »

I'm seeing the same thing with v1.75.4 latest trunk build for Windows...and on Win XP Pro SP3.
It didn't seem to matter whether I had OXPs loaded or not, but doesn't always happen.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

This one should be fixed in r4587.
Makara
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Makara »

Just a quick FYI (as it sounds like you are on top of this already): the new Jameson does have x,000 kilos of the metal on the manifest, although can't sell them at Lave.