Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

busy day collecting escape pods

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

tonycro
Above Average
Above Average

busy day collecting escape pods

Post by tonycro »

and made some cash :o)
Learn from the mistakes of others, life is too short to make them all your self !
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Re: busy day collecting escape pods

Post by DaddyHoggy »

As long as you didn't encourage them to climb into the pods first then I whole heartedly condone your actions. Bravo.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Ganelon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ganelon »

You know you can end up with more than one screen of those, right? If you end up helping enough of them back to the safety of the station, sometimes you can end up having to page through a few screens like that before you can do anything at the station.

So far as encouraging them, well.. It can be a sad thing when many people need rescued from rattle-trap ships in dangerous parts of space, y'know?
Sleep? Who needs sleep? Got game. No need sleep.
Eldon
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Eldon »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
As long as you didn't encourage them to climb into the pods first then I whole heartedly condone your actions. Bravo.
I don't know, those last three look like dodgy characters that probably asked for a reason to use their escape capsule. Nice bounties on them too, all over 70Cr.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

<chuckles quietly>
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Alex »

Ganelon wrote:
You know you can end up with more than one screen of those, right? If you end up helping enough of them back to the safety of the station, sometimes you can end up having to page through a few screens like that before you can do anything at the station.

So far as encouraging them, well.. It can be a sad thing when many people need rescued from rattle-trap ships in dangerous parts of space, y'know?
So very true.

I sometimes find the bribes to be a bit of a downer.
LOOK OUT!!!
OOPS..
"Press Space" Commander
If you do not see "Press Space" more often than you want.. Your not trying!
tonycro
Above Average
Above Average

Post by tonycro »

shame to loose some much of the bounty in bribes through :cry: still I guess it makes the galaxies spin :?
Learn from the mistakes of others, life is too short to make them all your self !
Makara
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Makara »

Hopefully my rescuing attempts will improve when I've found the scooping sweet spot for my shiny new Boa Cruiser (just about to test the scoopcam I've added to it).

I hope they don't have comms in those pods - I'd be feeling a little anxious knowing my potential saviour's last comment was "Let's see if I can avoid popping this one" :shock:

Edit: And after a slightly bizarre run, I can confirm my new scoopcam's success :D
Yah-Ta-Hey
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yah-Ta-Hey »

Way to go Commanders...
It can be frustrating when you get those "honest cops" and "greedy Politicians" sticking their sticky fingers into your hard honest work. I usually get sent in for "Attitude readjustment" (sigh). Don't they understand that warriors of The Dineh are fiercely independent and will say what is on their mind?
It is interesting to note that there is only 1 pod per ship, no matter how large... shouldn't the larger crew served vessels have more pods being spawned as the crew also leaves the stricken ship? Then the rewards would truly be profitable! Just a thought?
The best I have gotten is only 3 pods, then they all go "thunk" and disappear in a blaze of glory.... That is with the scoop camera on and only a half of a cargo bay filled (15 tonnes). That is okay,, I prefer the pods over the bods.
Bartle tester says while I am drinking evil juice, I am: 80% killer/ 80 % achiever/ 33% explorer and 0% socializer.
RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RyanHoots »

Who would bribe 50.4 credits instead of 50 (read the above screenshot carefully)? :shock:
Maybe that's all he had in his pockets. :lol:
Yah-Ta-Hey
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yah-Ta-Hey »

Duly noted...eyes of an eagle... the last one for the horny human is 62.4? but if you add that to the other figure.. it comes up to an even number (250 credits).
Maybe it is a random generator that takes a whole number and randomizes the last figure so that they get a .x credit.
I am not a developer just a space hunter but I am not complaining... credits are credits and even partials add up over time.

Happy hunting.
Bartle tester says while I am drinking evil juice, I am: 80% killer/ 80 % achiever/ 33% explorer and 0% socializer.
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Sometimes when you're waiting to be rescued, all you can do is sit back and enjoy the view... :D

Sunrise by CommonSenseOTB, on Flickr

The sunrise, I was talking about the sunrise. :P

Public Domain pin-up art(petty-0033) courtesy of freeclassicimages.com
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Yah-Ta-Hey wrote:
It is interesting to note that there is only 1 pod per ship, no matter how large... shouldn't the larger crew served vessels have more pods being spawned as the crew also leaves the stricken ship? Then the rewards would truly be profitable! Just a thought?
Try installing "transports.oxp". There all the passenger ships have multiple escape pods. But certainly not enough to accommodate all passengers. I assume that only business class has paid for using the pods. :roll: