Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Asteroid Storm Mission Help

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Zenophilious
Average
Average

Asteroid Storm Mission Help

Post by Zenophilious »

I've installed the OXP, gone to Leesti, and docked there. I get the message saying the need me to help them blow the Death-day Asteroid up, but no matter how hard I try, I can't blow it up. I have 136 kills, a Military Laser on the front and a Mining Laser on the back, and 4 ECM-Hardened Missiles. I lasered the crap out of it and shot all my missiles at it, and nothing happened. Is there anything I can do to keep the station from blowing up and destroy the asteroid?
Giles Williams, you kick ass. Major ass.
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Asteroid Storm Mission Help

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Hey Zenophilious. It's been a long time since I played that one. It was either using an energy bomb and military laser or taking turns shooting with 2 or more military lasers, shoot with one while the other cools down. Something like that. Hope that helps. Was a long time ago. :)
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
Zenophilious
Average
Average

Post by Zenophilious »

Okay, thanks! I'll see if that works!
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

It is not mend to be an easy mission, but also it should not be impossible. There are 3 versions of the rock so that it stays a challenge for both starters and more experienced players. With a score below 96 you get the easiest target and above 180 kills you are supposed to be able to kill the hardest doomsday rock. With your score you get the intermediate version. That version should be destructible with beam lasers alone when I remember right. But, you need to use both front and aft laser than.
Zenophilious
Average
Average

Post by Zenophilious »

Yeah, I got two more Military Lasers on the left and right side just to be safe, and blew it up. Thanks for the help!