[RELEASE] Ryan's Villa 2.0

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[RELEASE] Ryan's Villa 2.0

Post by RyanHoots »

It's released! You can download it at http://www.box.net/shared/d9z777sa3io3xtticx5f. New features in version 2.0:

1. You can find me easier by following the "V" on your advanced space compass.
2. Prices are great in Ryan's Equipment Store, now cheaper then at the main station!
3. My Villa, unlike Cesousla, has a tech level of fifteen.
4. My station now rotates like any other Dodec.
5. My Villa has guards now. Krait fighters, using Smivs' excelent textures, make up the RVD.
6. Cpt. Kev's Dodo OXP is no longer required, my Villa works fine without it.

Feedback, ideas and opinions are welcome.

Original post:
Version two of my personal base is coming soon! For those of you who don't know, Ryan Villa is a red dodecahedron station in the Cesousla system of Galaxy 5. It is my home, and is a refuge for traders. Pirates are not welcome (Sorry, Staer9).
I already have added the following features to version 2.0, but more are likely:

1. With version 2.0 you can find me easier by following the "V" on your advanced space compass.
2. Prices are great in Ryan's Equipment Store, cheaper then at the main station!
3. My Villa, unlike Cesousla, has a tech level of fifteen.
Last edited by RyanHoots on Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Coming very soon: Ryan's Villa 2.0

Post by RyanHoots »

I should be able to get a preview up soon. I just retextured the villa, and I am hoping to take some screenshots.
EDIT: I got a screenshot:

Compared with the old version:

The new version has more of a metal texture.
Last edited by RyanHoots on Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Are you leasing space to shopkeepers? Would be interesting to be spammed by adverts via mission screen with offers as soon as you dock. :)
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RyanHoots »

CommonSenseOTB wrote:
Are you leasing space to shopkeepers? Would be interesting to be spammed by adverts via mission screen with offers as soon as you dock. :)
No, but it would be funny! I'm trying to keep my Villa my Villa, and not a shopping mall (I have to live there, at least when I'm not flying around the Ooniverse). But a shopping mall OXP might be a fun idea...
RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RyanHoots »

Ok, it's just about done! I am just working on one more feature. I want my station to work fine without Cpt. Kev's dodo installed. So far the new code looks good, let's see if it works...
RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Ryan's Villa 2.0

Post by RyanHoots »

It's released! Download link is http://www.box.net/shared/d9z777sa3io3xtticx5f.

RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RyanHoots »

I have plans for version 2.1 already, but I would need a lot of help. I want to create an NPC RyanHoots that would hang out around the villa. This is quite beyond my capabilities. Ideally, this would be like the Rebecca Weston NPC wanging out near the pulsar in the Tianve OXP. Here are some details:

1. The NPC would need to be scripted to stay near the Villa, maybe even set not to appear every time (0.4 chance, maybe?).
2. If attacked, the NPC would say something like, "So, you want to fight, huh? Fox four!"
3. Maybe there should be a small chance of meeting me in the spacelanes, with a cargo of Firearms?

If you would like to try this, please let me know via PM. Credit will be given in the readme.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Ryan - it shouldn't be too hard for you to put together what you want to do. I'm guessing you'll have no problem building the shipdata.plist and have a model in mind for NPCyou to fly. It'll just need a custom role, along with an AI and/or shipscript.

Conditions for when (and where) NPCyou is spawned can be built into your worldscript that also spawns the station.

The difficult bit (and where you can teach yourself some new stuff) is in building an AI and/or shipscript for NPCyou. I'd just tweak the existing AI's as a starting point.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Yeah, have a go.
I did an NPC Smivs a while ago, and he was a mean hombre believe me. He had to go in the end as it was just too freaky meeting myself.
:shock:
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RyanHoots »

Ok, I'll work on it. I think programming my own AI would be best anyway. Only I know how I play.
Smivs wrote:
I did an NPC Smivs a while ago, and he was a mean hombre believe me. He had to go in the end as it was just too freaky meeting myself.
I think I might not include my NPC in my Ooniverse, then! :lol:

_______
By the way, I am going to be camping for a while. It could be up to a week before I get back. :(
Good news is, I get to bring my laptop so I can play Oolite.