TAF counter + hotkey combo mod?

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Oathbreaker
Dangerous
Dangerous

TAF counter + hotkey combo mod?

Post by Oathbreaker »

I'm aware of the mod called TAF Reset.

I was wondering if someone could point me to the discussion of an on-screen discreet (as opposed to the Shift-F that brings up way more info than I'm interested in) TAF number coupled with a TAF keypress combo simpler than pressing "P" to pause the game and then arrow keys to raise or lower the TAF.

Ideally:
TAF always displayed in unobtrusive text.
Simple keycombo to raise, and simple keycombo to lower the TAF.

I can't imagine I'm the first to think of this?
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: TAF counter + hotkey combo mod?

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

This is unlikely to happen. TAF is basically a debugging feature, and I believe is intended to be removed for non-developers in the stable 1.76 version that the devs are heading towards.

There are various discussions about it replacing the torus drive in the presumably rather far off Oolite 2.0, and if this happens then I would expect what you seem to be asking for would be implemented, as in that case it would be sensible, but for the time being I think you're out of luck...
Oathbreaker
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Oathbreaker »

Aye. I sympathize, actually - never been a fan of time compression. But when you're out of juice for the afterburners and just sitting there in a Corporate system waiting for the thing to roll around and no music going... yeah, uggh it gets boring quick.

I don't think it needs to be a part of the main game, but as a mod, surely. And don't call me Shirley.

Bottoms up.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Oathbreaker wrote:
Aye. I sympathize, actually - never been a fan of time compression. But when you're out of juice for the afterburners and just sitting there in a Corporate system waiting for the thing to roll around and no music going... yeah, uggh it gets boring quick.
Hitting the 'C' key will at least get you rid of the "no music" problem. :wink:
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

Commander McLane wrote:
Oathbreaker wrote:
Hitting the 'C' key will at least get you rid of the "no music" problem. :wink:
But what if he's too far from agis? The DC won't work out in deep space without something targeted to dock with. Besides, it only has one tune in it's rather limited playlist.

In that situation, a stereo for your starhorse may be just the ticket. So what if you dance around in your flight seat? Besides you, who's gonna care! :D
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
Besides, it only has one tune in it's rather limited playlist.
Depends on the OS. On a mac you can choose i-tunes integration. That way you can create a big playlist for docking music.