Joystick configurations

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Matti
Dangerous
Dangerous

Joystick configurations

Post by Matti »

I have new Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Roll is mapped for twist, but becouse 'stick is somewhat frakked up (by design it seems), Cobra starts rolling to left (anti-clockwise) too easily. Is it possible to increase deadzone towards the left but not the right?

Can I map Cycle Space Compass target to the joystick buttons?

I want ID recognition and Missile target seek under same joystick button. Can it be done?
kgs
Above Average
Above Average

Re: Joystick configurations

Post by kgs »

You might want to give us some more details on your setup, as the solution is dependent on what operating system you are using.

I have the same joystick, and it works well with Oolite under Slackware Linux.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Re: Joystick configurations

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Matti wrote:
I have new Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Roll is mapped for twist, but becouse 'stick is somewhat frakked up (by design it seems), Cobra starts rolling to left (anti-clockwise) too easily. Is it possible to increase deadzone towards the left but not the right?

Can I map Cycle Space Compass target to the joystick buttons?

I want ID recognition and Missile target seek under same joystick button. Can it be done?
We have about 50 Extreme 3D Pros at work - a year of abuse my military students and most start to drift left. Under Windows we've found we get a little bit more life out of them by unplugging them and plugging them back in (we also swap them between machines but you won't have this option) - and running the set-up software again - which seems to work out that the stick has a slight drift to the left and seems to compensate automatically. Generally, this works once, perhaps twice and then the drift is too great to be compensated for.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here