Treksound

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

ICON
Average
Average

Treksound

Post by ICON »

Hey all,

Here is my first Test with various sound effects from the Star Trek Universe for OOlite (BGS). :wink:
First i creating 3 sound effects inclounding Laser, Laserhits and own Ship Hits.

Note: BGS-A1.3.3 OXP must be installed.
"Read me" and Backup files are included.
And sorry for my bad English. :oops:
Last edited by ICON on Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Re: Treksound

Post by DaddyHoggy »

I was told I had to log in to box.net to download the file - have you shared it properly?

Also, have you checked on any copyright issues with Star Trek sound effects, I've had friends fall foul of Paramount in the past.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
ICON
Average
Average

Post by ICON »

Ok i will check this first.
I will send a Mail to Paramount.
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

ICON wrote:
Ok i will check this first.
I will send a Mail to Paramount.
Good luck getting anything out of Paramount - they generally don't respond - only their lawyers seem to cruise the 'net, ready to issue a cease and desist...

I bought an application about 15 years ago that came with a bucket loads of TNG sound effects to "theme" up my copy of Windows 95, I've often thought about converting the wavs to oggs for Oolite but I remember all the trouble we had with Paramount when I was part of "Starfleet Command" in the early to mid-1990s.

Things may be better now. I certainly hope so.

Given how much Star Trek themed stuff there is out there - the first one I ever came across was the Total Conversion for Homeworld - it's possible Paramount have given up.

I don't want to put you off, I just wouldn't want you to get into bother.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
ICON
Average
Average

Post by ICON »

Ok Thank you,

I only think there are so many Star trek Mods and Projects out there, than i can make little sound MOD.
But i see it's not so easy. :D
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

ICON, if you want look in my shields+capacitors.oxp for the proper way to document your sounds. It is tedious but is neccessary to attribute authors if they wish and place sounds under a similar(or more restrictive)license. The best thing to do with sounds is not use them if there is no indication of what the license is but that's just being cautious I guess. Don't give up on sound oxps because oolite needs more sound options. :wink:
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs