Lock-up / memory exhaustion problem - FIXED

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

winston
Pirate
Pirate

Lock-up / memory exhaustion problem - FIXED

Post by winston »

Please see the announcement in the oolite-linux forum for 1.62-3 - but basically, the problem alluded to by the various 'lockup' and 'memory gobbler' threads has been fixed. Win32 users will have to download the updated plists by hand I'm afraid, but if you're running Oolite-Linux just run oolite-update (source users should svn up at this point).
Phoenix4
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Phoenix4 »

Great job on the fix!!

One question though - as a Windows user what do you mean by "Win32 users will have to download the updated plists by hand"?

I'm pretty new to Oolite, do I get those downloads from here or another site etc?

Sorry for sounding thick - but what is a plist?

Thanks again!

Px4
Phoenix4
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Phoenix4 »

Doh!!

Just seen your new message in thw Windows Forum........ :wink:
Galileo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Galileo »

Great job Winston! I played for nearly 3 hours this morning without a single hiccup, it used to take about 15-20 mins before I had to quit (or jump out of the system). Thanks! :D
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

I'm still wondering what in the previous AI caused the problem, but what the hey - good work.

And I've just removed another (minor) memory/object leak in implementing caching. Yay!
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!
TedJ
Deadly
Deadly

Post by TedJ »

w00t! I haven't been finding this glitch as often the last few days, but I am relieved that it's been tracked down.
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Winston, I want you to have my babies :oops:

Seriously though absolutely fantastic, I'm about to follow your corrective instructions in the PC Oolite thread, this means that it will only take another 6 months to become Elite (just over a 1000 kills now).

It was really frustrating losing a valuable cargo and many kills in sight of the Coriolis station, so thank you and very well done.

(nervously twists cap in hands) I don't suppose you could find my space compass for me? :wink:
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

TGHC wrote:
(nervously twists cap in hands) I don't suppose you could find my space compass for me? :wink:
Y'know, this could be something as simple as changing the pallette of the compass image. It's the fact that I occasionally get a ghosted image or a pixellated image of it that makes me think this...
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

Changes in the Mac OS X source have eliminated the last few hud images in favour of a line-drawn image. When I finalise 1.63 these changes should get ported through to linux/pc.
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!