Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

SiriusCG
Dangerous
Dangerous

Wing Commander: Privateer now on Gog.com

Post by SiriusCG »

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/wing_commander_privateer

Evidently, Gog has penned a deal with EA to re-release about 25 of their older games. WC:P is included in that deal!

From their site:
The biggest announcement in GOG.com's history is a fact! Electronic Arts grants access to its deep back catalogue of classic franchises via yours truly GOG.com!

In a ground-breaking, earthshaking, and jaw-dropping deal we've managed to sign with EA and will be releasing more than 25 legendary classics from the globally renowned publisher. With today’s announcement three widely known and much awaited brands get the revival treatment from GOG.com: Wing Commander: Privateer, Dungeon Keeper and Ultima Underworld 1+2.

We will be adding more than 25 titles from EA over the next few months, so the games will be unveiled gradually, but we can already reveal that the next upcoming titles from this huge deal are: Crusader: No remorse, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and Magic Carpet.

While the agreement between Electronic Arts and GOG.com brings back many acclaimed and well known franchises, it doesn’t include the much anticipated System Shock or Syndicate series at this time. After releasing the first six Electronic Arts classics, we will take a break from the concentrated awesome until later in the summer.
I spent a LOT of time playing this back in the day ...

Cheers.
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Wing Commander: Privateer now on Gog.com

Post by Killer Wolf »

cheers for that. i'm a massive Prophecy fan myself. Got most of the WC series but never did get around to the Privateer ones.