Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Re: Reporting spam

Post by Disembodied »

infermomi: https://bb.oolite.space/memberlist.php?m ... ile&u=9722

Same profile name over here, flogging pills.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

chootly: https://bb.oolite.space/memberlist.php?m ... ile&u=9740

Dubious ... definite spambot profiles of the same name here and here, for example.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

b5N18R9z
https://bb.oolite.space/memberlist.php?m ... ile&u=9747

Dodgy name and website link is to another forum log-in.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Smivs wrote:
* That's it, I've banned *@inbox.ru, that's the fourth joiner from that email today *

Don Diam is back.

https://bb.oolite.space/memberlist.php?m ... ile&u=9703

he's either determined or genuine.
EDIT: stupidly worded and offensive(rephrased)

If you have any dealings over the internet with people you have never met don't throw caution to the wind or let yourself be taken advantage of(just my opinion and a little experience). I hope the security here is enough to prevent disaster. I would be sad... :cry:

Cyberwarfare between countries is very real. No reason needed. :|
Last edited by CommonSenseOTB on Tue May 31, 2011 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by Fatleaf »

* Save your tongue *

If this aint spam I shall lick the floor,

wcpaulasmithf8 https://bb.oolite.space/memberlist.p ... ile&u=9773

Nothing on either Google or SFS. Strange the web link doesn't go anywhere. But you just know it.
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
Staer9
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Staer9 »

Staer9
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Staer9 »

Weng10 - https://bb.oolite.space/memberlist.p ... ile&u=9782

a bunch of non-existant profiles on google... not quite sure though
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

CommonSenseOTB wrote:
If you have any dealings over the internet from russia don't be surprised to be either scammed or hacked(just my opinion and a little experience). I hope the security here is enough to prevent disaster. I would be sad... :cry:

Do we have any russian members by the way? No offence meant. I like everybody from the beginning. Just my own experience. Cyberwarfare between countries is very real. No reason needed. :|
We have several, and in my experience without fail they are excellent guys. I've worked with a few of them on the Russian language version of Planetfall, and it was by their inspiration that we have the current design of the oolite.org website as well if I remember correctly.

So I'd be a little more careful with your generalisations ("no offence meant" isn't a carte-blanche for being offensive) - not everyone in Russia is out to harvest your online profile and empty your bank balance. Admittedly some are, but you can also say that about almost every other country on the net.
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

CommonSenseOTB wrote:
Smivs wrote:
* That's it, I've banned *@inbox.ru, that's the fourth joiner from that email today *

Don Diam is back.

https://bb.oolite.space/memberlist.php?m ... ile&u=9703

he's either determined or genuine.
If you have any dealings over the internet from russia don't be surprised to be either scammed or hacked(just my opinion and a little experience). I hope the security here is enough to prevent disaster. I would be sad... :cry:

Do we have any russian members by the way? No offence meant. I like everybody from the beginning. Just my own experience. Cyberwarfare between countries is very real. No reason needed. :|
Quite a few Russian members - one of them in particular, Seventh - started the excellent Russian Oolite page (http://roolite.org/)
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Yeah, I knew that comment would get me into trouble. Some of the greatest minds came out of Russia. It's offensive. Sorry to all. I have nothing against any nationality. My point was to illustrate that country endorsed cyberwarfare exists and it can be the person you least expect. Including people perhaps as members here. Without meeting someone in person I would never dream to trust them. People can be alot of things over the internet that they are not in real life. And perhaps I'm a dummy from an unnamed locale pretending to be even remotely intelligent. If the moderator wants please feel free to delete my offensive post and accept my apologies for crossing the line of being politically correct. :( Thanx Thargoid I like you, you have character.
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

WIKI+OXPs
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

My apologies to DH and seventh as well. :(

WIKI+OXPs
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

CommonSenseOTB wrote:
Yeah, I knew that comment would get me into trouble. Some of the greatest minds came out of Russia. It's offensive. Sorry to all. I have nothing against any nationality. My point was to illustrate that country endorsed cyberwarfare exists and it can be the person you least expect. Including people perhaps as members here. Without meeting someone in person I would never dream to trust them. People can be alot of things over the internet that they are not in real life. And perhaps I'm a dummy from an unnamed locale pretending to be even remotely intelligent. If the moderator wants please feel free to delete my offensive post and accept my apologies for crossing the line of being politically correct. :( Thanx Thargoid I like you, you have character.
Feel free to go back and use the edit button at the bottom of the post and take the opportunity to be a little more thoughtful. The point you were making is understood, just badly phrased.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Staer9
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Staer9 »

CommonSenseOTB... reached deadly on the boards now you have started posting on the anti-spam thread...

I seem to remember someone else doing that :lol: :lol: :lol: