UFOs.

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Ganelon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: UFOs.

Post by Ganelon »

Well, the apocalypse/rapture/whatever-its-called seems to have rather fizzled. Doesn't appear to be having more than the usual number of disasters today, and certainly not earthquakes all around the world as predicted. Rather nice weather here today, though, so they picked a good day for the end of the world, at least.

1999 was more fun. All the Y2K disasters that were supposed to happen because computers allegedly couldn't cope with Y2K. I made it a point to be online for that one, just to see. I was running an old clunker of a 468SX at the time, and if anything wasn't going to cope with the change from 19 to 20, I would have expected it would hit that machine. But it didn't even hiccup. LOL

So far as the UFO video collage, not sure what you're looking for as a response, Killer Wolf. Certainly a bit interesting. That there are Unidentified Flying Objects pretty much goes without saying. Unidentified also obviously would include secret military aircraft, unknown and possibly very rare atmospheric phenomena, everyday aircraft that were seen at an angle that made them difficult to identify as such, and etc. Consider something like the SR-71 Blackbird. We know what it is now, but it probably accounted for at least a certain number of UFO sightings, especially considering Blackbirds have been around since the 1960s.

I don't personally rule out the possibility that they might be some sort of craft piloted by non-human intelligent beings. But I've never personally seen one. I have known people I consider reputable and not given to telling tall tales who claim they have. I've also known people who claimed they had odd bits of metal come out of their nose after a sudden nosebleed, and even some who said they have seen odd beings that were in their opinion definitely not human. But I didn't see them.

When people ask what I believe (this can apply largely to the end of the world as it does to UFOs), I tell them "I believe in gravity." If I let go of a heavy object, it tends to fall. I've noted that to be pretty reliable over the years. Anything more questionable than that is pretty much open to conjecture. LOL

So far as the phone call, well, I don't find it surprising that there may be people out there occasionally who are very emotionally distraught over something who call in to talk shows. Whether their concern is rational and not based on some mistaken assumption of something they saw or heard, there's not enough data to know.

Certainly interesting, though, and I like checking the UFO reports and footage and pics and any good conspiracy theory. It's at least entertaining and thought provoking. No reason to be close-minded about such things. I'd pretty much have to see or experience such things myself before I'd view such reports without a bit of doubt, though. But the Earth is still a pretty big place, and the Universe even bigger. I don't assume we've seen everything or know everything yet.
Sleep? Who needs sleep? Got game. No need sleep.
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

So....where does one send those little bits of metal that one finds in the kleenex these days? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
Ganelon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ganelon »

CommonSenseOTB wrote:
So....where does one send those little bits of metal that one finds in the kleenex these days? :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's a good question. I don't know what people do with such things. I didn't think to ask. LOL
Sleep? Who needs sleep? Got game. No need sleep.
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Nice! It's much more likely to see Star Trek transporter beams dematerializing people than to see thousands of 'dummies' levitating up to salvation! :lol:
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Careful what you wish for.....