Event logs

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Event logs

Post by Killer Wolf »

Just had a bleb when openeing PShop, but when i was scouring my event view there's a bunch of entries that seem to get kicked out on startup

"The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( oolite ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 2011-04-27 18:44:34.234 oolite[3112] File NSUserDefaults.m: 626. In [NSUserDefaults +standardUserDefaults] Improper installation: No language locale found"

what's that about? i wasn't doing anything w/ Oolite.
Lone_Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Event logs

Post by Lone_Wolf »

those messages appear often in windows eventviewer logs, and basically mean that some software has logged an event, but windows doesn't know how to extract a description from the event data.

Typically these messages have to do with informational events, not with errors and are harmless.

Since description is not mandatory (maybe it is for windows certified programs, not sure about that) for informational events AND this can only se solved in the sourcecode , these messages tend to be ignored by windows system administrators.

OXPs : My user page

Retired, reachable at [email protected]
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Event logs

Post by Killer Wolf »

cheers. i thought it odd that events were being attributed to a program i hadn't used at the time, is all.