fkn trojans/viruses

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

fkn trojans/viruses

Post by Killer Wolf »

having a fkn nightmare on my other machine w/ viruses and trojans.
did a NOD scan, it found a trojan fragment or something in IE Temp, that it had found int the past. in an ever-increasing fk-up i downloaded Stopzilla and did some Windows updates. since then, i seem to have been fkn swarmed. SZ found a dozen or so items NOD didn't. next boot/scan it found more. then i noticed NOD wasn't in my system tray, thought it was a SZ conflict, more scans w/ those and malabyteware found a disable.update fkn thing, i downloaded (from googleing) ComboFix, that failed to activate, reboot scan and 21 more items. ran CCleaner etc rebooted and teh mouse-judder over my system tray has gone but NOD still doesn't appear, i've just fired off a full SZ scan and it's found 2 instances of Cognac, GASF and System Tool 2011 - it supposedly removed Cognac on the last scan, according to the log.

help please! Best allround cleaners/blockers and the like?
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: fkn trojans/viruses

Post by another_commander »

I would recommend dropping a line on these guys' forum, they seem to be as expert as one can get in malware removal:
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/index.php
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

May not be up to the task, but when I ran Windows I used AVG free edition and Spybot.
They seemed good at finding and removing nasties, and I never had any problems other than the hours spent each week updating them and scanning.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Lone_Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lone_Wolf »

a tip : it is easier to stop stuff from getting to your pc then to remove them.

My favorite combo to defend windows computers :
AVG free edition (NOD is better, but costs money)
zonealarm free firewall (kerio if finetuning of firewall seetings is needed)
spybot
spywareblaster (closes many vulnerabilites in browsers) .

In case people do get problems, malwarebytes antimalware is a great toool to scan and clean.
However the main cleaning tool is your own brain.

As for your current problems : i doubt you'll get the system clean, save your data and reinstall.

OXPs : My user page

Retired, reachable at [email protected]
CheeseRedux
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CheeseRedux »

I've been running Avast! since I cannot remember when. I don't know if it deserves all the credit, but my experience in removing nasty stuff is still non-existent. So I'm obviously of no use here.
"Actually this is a common misconception... I do *not* in fact have a lot of time on my hands at all! I just have a very very very very bad sense of priorities."
--Dean C Engelhardt