Thargoid pilots

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Thargoid pilots

Post by Eric Walch »

What about thargoid pilots? Oolites character generator only generates humans and other creatures that originate from known planets.

The generator can not create alien characters. Gilles solved this by not adding a pilot to thargoid ships at all. However, that only happens with populator added ships. Script added ships get a character as pilot, based on the used role. For thargoids that will be a fully random character.

As long as we don't add escape capsules to alien ships, nobody will notice. But, a script using the 'isPiloted" property will get different result depending how the thargoids were created.

I don't think there is a big need to fix it as long as scripters are aware that the 'isPiloted' property is a bit undefined for thargoid ships. Maybe we must add an 'unpiloted' key in thagoids shipdata? Or force that ships with thargoid scanclass not automatic receive a crew.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: Thargoid pilots

Post by Thargoid »

Or any escape pods etc are from people who have been kidnapped, and you're in effect rescuing them?

I mean we need something to stock up the larder with for these long journeys :twisted:
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Thargoid wrote:
I mean we need something to stock up the larder with for these long journeys :twisted:
You mean that your people are using the pods to keep the meat fresh? :shock:

Clever....
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Turtle soup anyone? :P
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)