Screenshots

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Ganelon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Screenshots

Post by Ganelon »

I have to ask about the purple thing that's on the scanner display. It looks sort of like the scanner is displaying some large spherical object, but I've never seen it do that? Is it a normal function that I just haven't seen, or something new from trunk or an OXP?
Sleep? Who needs sleep? Got game. No need sleep.
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

is it something w/ a silly atmosphere/corona attribute?
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

Ganelon wrote:
I have to ask about the purple thing that's on the scanner display. It looks sort of like the scanner is displaying some large spherical object, but I've never seen it do that? Is it a normal function that I just haven't seen, or something new from trunk or an OXP?
Isn't that just the blast radius from a Q-bomb? I'm sure it did that in 1.74 too...
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

It looks a bit like the wormhole of the Aurora. That would explain why it is behind the planet and stays open so long. Alhough the color looks more like a q-bomb.
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Caduceus...... Good choice. :D
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

Ooh! Ooh! :P Is it the orbital grave-yard going up from a Q-missile? It's that colour in the middle from so many Q explosions going off at once?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Ganelon wrote:
Have you ever dropped a q-mine, or been within scanner range of an exploding q-mine?

Yes, they show up on your scanner. There is even the white ring indicating that the sphere intersects with the scanner plane in the two last screenshots. This is the normal representation of q-mines on the scanner since, well, forever (at least Oolite 1.65).
Ganelon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ganelon »

Ok, I have never ever dropped a Q-mine or been within scanner range when one went off. Once or twice maybe, I've seen "the azure death" at a great distance, and I've gone to *keep* it a great distance. LOL
Ganelon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ganelon »

DATA AND IMAGES FROM FLIGHT RECORDER RECOVERED FROM WITCHSPACE

Time left: 2d 4h

Bid history: 498 Bids

Current bid: CR 498,025

Shipping: Encrypted instant data transfer

Returns policy: No returns

Seller: SnEakySteve_SpaceEmporium

DATA AND IMAGES FROM FLIGHT RECORDER RECOVERED FROM WITCHSPACE

This item is so rare, so unusual, that you need to see it to believe it! A damaged flight recorder was found in witchspace with these AMAZING images!

This is it, folks! A once in a lifetime opportunity! Just look at this next image to understand what it is that you're seeing and the amazing value of this auction!!

According to our experts, this appears to be the partial (it was heavilly damaged) flight recording of a ship that actually encountered a Generation Ship!! That's right! One of the long lost ships from the early days of the diaspora, making it's long and lonely way through the vast interstellar night!

(Note: This auction is strictly for the images, data, logs and additional information as listed. It does not include the actual flight recorder or the Generation Ship "Jennifer Lynn".)

But that's not all! The lucky winner of this auction will also receive the logs of the commander of the Cobra that actually encountered this legendary giant of a ship as well as the jump coordinates where where malfunction led to it's lucky recovery! Of course, we can't say the Jennifer Lynn is still there, but you could be hot on the trail to the discoveries of a lifetime!

Even just as a piece of incredible space memorabilia, this collection should be priceless! No matter how avid a collector of ship images you may be, you don't have anything like this in your collection! Nobody does!

Just think of the possibilities. You could make a fortune licensing the use of the images, or even head out on an expedition to try and find the Jennifer Lynn yourself! That ship is probably millions of tons of alloy alone! Not to mention the antique values of its' contents, and the thousands.. yes we mean THOUSANDS of passengers who may still be onboard! Just consider the profit potentials if they were to be sold even a hundred at a time as slaves inCONNECTION INTERRUPTED BY ORDER OF THE GALCOP TRADING AUTHORITY.

THIS AUCTION IS HEREBY TERMINATED AND ALL MERCHANDISE SEIZED AS PER GALCOP TRADE REGULATION 417.96 PART 34. THIS SELLER IS UNDER ARREST.

The accounts of all bidders in this auction have been frozen and all bidders will be interviewed by Galcop trade authorities pending further investigation and possible charges.

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

if I did 'Like' buttons I'd have clicked on it!
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Oobay hereby deny all involvement with this fake auction. Oobay will be taking all measures available under Galactic Law to shut down this and other sites on the Galactic Wide Web claiming to be the actual Oobay site.

This is a civil matter and in no way interferes with the Galactic Co-Operatives investigation to the items actually for sale on the fake site.

Thank-you

Oobay Management Team
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Yah-Ta-Hey wrote:
By yahtahey at 2011-04-04

I love Personalities.oxp... this coup is just outside the station at Raaze in G1. Non fatal contact.
Damn it. My five day absence was supposed to be a clandestine mission. No-one was supposed to know.

Luckily. my cover wasn't blown and the mission has been declassified, so no harm done. The logs of the commander have been seized and secured and the bidders are now in the hands of the GCW authorities. That auction was completely unsanctioned and WAY over the line. I've never had my Navy Reserve status activated at Cerulean level before. I'd advise any of you to be careful in the future of bidding for anything on ooBay that involves generation ships. The law's pretty clear and the scale of this clean-up operation was immense.

Anyway. All safe now. Back to work.
Yah-Ta-Hey
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yah-Ta-Hey »

It takes a Navajo to ferret out those who wish to be hidden... Now I have other photos of sky warriors who came out right after you.. some are not even on the list so they must be running "black ops" or deep covert operations.

Now who will start the bidding for these priceless and revealing photos? don't be shy! blow your friends cover before I sell your photo to the wrong person/entity. :mrgreen:

action report: I have been approached by a rather large dragonoid accompanied by a rather cute feline companion while in the bar and was encourage to hand over all my photos unless I wanted to... no I can't tell you... oh the horror of it all.... He now has the photos and I am keeping my skin.
Bartle tester says while I am drinking evil juice, I am: 80% killer/ 80 % achiever/ 33% explorer and 0% socializer.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

This is what happens when you go on the trail of the Cash, brother sky warrior.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Yah-Ta-Hey
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yah-Ta-Hey »

Words of wisdom do you speak. I still have the data files in an undisclosed location and a video given to the galcops to view in case of my sudden demise while in port. I will travel the star lanes until things quiet down. Hunt well and prosper, Brother Sky Warrior!
Bartle tester says while I am drinking evil juice, I am: 80% killer/ 80 % achiever/ 33% explorer and 0% socializer.