Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Separate iTunes playlist - Oolite-Redalert

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

The Black Albatross
Above Average
Above Average

Separate iTunes playlist - Oolite-Redalert

Post by The Black Albatross »

I've been trying to set up my Oolite-Inflight and Oolite-Docked playlists, and I realized that the music that I'd like to listen to during combat (fast rock, fusion, flamenco) is totally distinct from the ambient music I'd like going on when I'm just going from witchpoint to station. Can we have a separate playlist, Oolite-Redalert, that plays when you're in a combat situation?

One complication I can think of is that it would be annoying to have the music switch just for 3 seconds when you're blasting a lone Gecko out of your way, but to me it would be worth it to have a change of mood when in red alert. (I'm aware it wouldn't go in until after the feature freeze.)

Edit: I was going to write this up in the tracker as suggested in the feature freeze thread, but is there way that I can do this through scripting from my end?
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Re: Separate iTunes playlist - Oolite-Redalert

Post by JensAyton »

The Black Albatross wrote:
Edit: I was going to write this up in the tracker as suggested in the feature freeze thread, but is there way that I can do this through scripting from my end?
Yes and no. Scripts can play music, but not through iTunes. You’d need to convert all the music you want to Ogg Vorbis and stick it in an OXP. (Note: this type of format shifting may be illegal in some jurisdictions, even for purely private use.)