Misjump Inducer v0.2 OXP!

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Misjump Inducer v0.2 OXP!

Post by Switeck »

Misjump Inducer v0.2
by Switeck ([email protected])
April 4, 2011

Download location:
v0.2 at: http://www.boxcn.net/s/hui4pim9rmf5klxjeo96
v0.3 at: https://www.sendspace.com/file/gm80o1

...Because sometimes you WANT to go fight Thargoids but are too lazy to use the normal player-inducing misjump method to do it. :lol:

Unzip the file, and then move the folder "Misjump Inducer v0.2.oxp" to the AddOns directory of your Oolite installation. Remove/delete older Misjump Inducer version folder/s because they may conflict with v0.2.

Misjump Inducer is On/Off activation equipment to cause misjumps (or not) on demand.
It costs 1000 credits and is available at all systems TL 10+.

This equipment is design to work both with NPC ship wormholes and regular player hyperspace jumps.

Once fitted, the Misjump Inducer can be activated/deactivated using the new v1.75 activation method. (N and Shift+N)

This equipment is NOT infallible! Unstable wormholes, random Thargoid ambushes (which use a very powerful field generator to collapse the wormhole tunnel), and/or other equipment may overpower Misjump Inducer!

History:
v0.3
MODE shows current status of misjumps...
v0.2
Now requiring both Scanner Targeting Enhancement and Wormhole Scanner equipment to be functional to buy and use the Misjump Inducer. This is done for game balance (to avoid making it too cheap) and for in-universe explanation on how the equipment works.
v0.1
Basic but functional. Incorrectly implies that it will run on v1.74 -- it won't! It also requires v1.75 and later!
Last edited by Switeck on Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Misjump Inducer v0.1 OXP!

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Very nice......but after Thargoid helped with some scripting I promised to leave his kin alone.... :mrgreen: :wink:
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

However, I suppose his (its ?) kith is still fair game!! :P :D
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
lave
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Deep in Leesti space mining asteroids for a living.

Post by lave »

Sounds good.
I will DL it once I have installed 1.75.

How exactly do you do a player-inducing misjump anyway?

Also, if this equipment is activated by shift N, then will that interfere with Okti's galaxy info oxp, that also used shift N?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am still currently using 1.74.2 and don't know how equipment will work in 1.75.
Okti
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Okti »

lave wrote:
Also, if this equipment is activated by shift N, then will that interfere with Okti's galaxy info oxp, that also used shift N?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am still currently using 1.74.2 and don't know how equipment will work in 1.75.
It won't work with 1.74.2. Because primable equipments are introduced in 1.75. It won't interfere with GI because, shift n(N) is used to prime the equipment for any equipment that is primable. Then pressing n on the selected equipment activates the primed equipment. And by pressing shift n, which equipment is primed can be seen on the screen.
My OXP's
And Latest Mission Coyote's Run
lave
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lave »

Oh I see. So you can select individal equipment in 1.75.

Cool.

Thanks.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

lave wrote:
So you can select individal equipment in 1.75.
You can also assign those functions to 'stick buttons, if you use a 'stick.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

My bad in the readme, yes...this will only work with v1.75 and later. :oops:

Activating the Misjump Inducer may or may not interfere with other scripted misjumps, such as those used for missions. Some may set the player's ship to misjump at the moment the jump begins, thus giving you no time to change it with Misjump Inducer. Wormhole Analyser OXP does this, which was part of the inspiration for this device. The other ideas of course came from the wormhole drones, Link 7 (to the Rift in Galaxy 7), and of course the 1-way Ticket 2 Oresrati. Others may do it earlier, so the next player jump...whatever it may be...is a misjump -- those could be changed to a regular jump by Misjump Inducer, or changed twice so it still misjumps.

However, because you must manually prime the Misjump Inducer after EACH jump to make the next jump a misjump...it can be inconvenient to do this while Thargoids are shooting your ship to bits. :twisted: This is intentional on my part -- otherwise it might be a little TOO convenient for 1k credits. :lol: I could instead just set a mission variable which always remembers which jump state Misjump Inducer should be, but I figured that would interfere with more OXPs that use jumps and misjumps to reach a destination. I meant for the Misjump Inducer to be a stand-alone device, not something to be used in conjunction with other OXPs.

The handy little text about whether the next jump will be a misjump or not can let you check whether "bad things" were already planned by another OXP. 8)

For non-jump capable ships (introduced in 1.75), Misjump Inducer might still make sense as disrupting the wormhole "somehow" to come out halfway without needing hyperspace ability itself. I'd consider it near-suicide to use like that...since without outside help you'd be stuck in interstellar space and all the Thargoids will do is "help" kill you.
Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by Fatleaf »

lave wrote:
Before the countdown reaches zero pull up and keep keep pulling up, so you would be doing loops, until you exit the wormhole.
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Fatleaf wrote:
lave wrote:
Before the countdown reaches zero pull up and keep keep pulling up, so you would be doing loops, until you exit the wormhole.
The latter isn't necessary. Having the pitch indicator fully up the moment you enter the wormhole suffices. You can release immediately.
lave
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lave »

I'll have to try that.

Thanks.
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Misjump Inducer v0.2 OXP!

Post by Switeck »

This minor update does a major hack-job to the readme more than anything else -- I wrote and rewrote almost the whole text file. The copyright is basically now do whatever you want with it, there's not much to play with anyway. :lol:
I also mentioned that it ONLY works with v1.75 or later, not v1.74.
I also mention the misjump-inducing OXP it was based on.

Misjump Inducer now has 2 prerequisite items before you can buy or use it:
Scanner Targeting Enhancement and Wormhole Scanner equipment

...That shouldn't prove a problem for anyone, since those are 2 good items to have and the use of this item takes you somewhere you'll almost need an iron ass anyway. I did it for how-it-works fluff and game balance reasons.
Last edited by Switeck on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rese249er
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rese249er »

For some reason I can't induce a misjump in trunk. Will this be updated?
Got all turned around, lost my nav connection... Where am I now?
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

Works for me in Windows build 5439 of Oolite v1.77 development version.
Please tell me more about how you're using it...
Rese249er
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rese249er »

I haven't actually tried it because it says it's for 1.75. Remove the requires.plist and it'll work then?
Got all turned around, lost my nav connection... Where am I now?