Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Famous Planets 2.5.OXP and Famous Planets for Povray

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Famous Planets 2.5.OXP (update for new users)

Post by pagroove »

Cmd. Cheyd wrote:
PAGroove & Sarin-
It is broken, but only for folks who downloaded DH_Systems AFTER 1.75 was released. When I updated the scripts for 1.75, I finished the clean-up process from the whole SR2/DH_Systems renaming thing. This included the name of the DH_Systems API script that FP2.5 talks to in order to achieve compatibility. Hence, FP2.5 is looking for a script that is no longer there from it's perspective. Name changes like that should not be necessary in the future. With your permission, PA, I'll update the script and upload the changed copy. You're still distributing from my site, correct?
Yep
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
The Black Albatross
Above Average
Above Average

Post by The Black Albatross »

pagroove wrote:
Cmd. Cheyd wrote:
PAGroove & Sarin-
It is broken, but only for folks who downloaded DH_Systems AFTER 1.75 was released. When I updated the scripts for 1.75, I finished the clean-up process from the whole SR2/DH_Systems renaming thing. This included the name of the DH_Systems API script that FP2.5 talks to in order to achieve compatibility. Hence, FP2.5 is looking for a script that is no longer there from it's perspective. Name changes like that should not be necessary in the future. With your permission, PA, I'll update the script and upload the changed copy. You're still distributing from my site, correct?
Yep
So can we expect to see compatibility between DH_Systems and Famous Planets soon?
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Deep Horizon Industries Manufacturing & Research Site somewhere in G8...

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

Yes, probably this weekend when I have time to make the modifications and re-upload (the long part) the OXP.
LordHaHa
Average
Average

Post by LordHaHa »

Unless there are new media assets in the upcoming release, would it be possible to download just the updated scripts/PLISTs?

LordHaHa
Ganelon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ganelon »

It's also not hard to add a planet (or few) for at least your own Ooniverse, if you have some favourites that weren't included.

Sleep? Who needs sleep? Got game. No need sleep.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Ganelon is that your work?
I like it VERY much. :D
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Me too, excellent.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Deep Horizon Industries Manufacturing & Research Site somewhere in G8...

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

I finally got off my lazy @#$(^%$ found some free time to update the script. It can be downloaded independently of the main OXP from PAGroove's section of my site.

Since I am at work, I have not had an opportunity to test the changes yet. Feedback is desired.
Also, the main download has not been updated yet as it was changed since the last time I backed it up to my laptop. I'm re-sync'ing the file to my laptop and will upload a fixed main version in the next few days.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Cmd. Cheyd wrote:
I finally got off my lazy @#$(^%$ found some free time to update the script. It can be downloaded independently of the main OXP from PAGroove's section of my site.

Since I am at work, I have not had an opportunity to test the changes yet. Feedback is desired.
Also, the main download has not been updated yet as it was changed since the last time I backed it up to my laptop. I'm re-sync'ing the file to my laptop and will upload a fixed main version in the next few days.
Thanx Cmdr Cheyd. :D
Ganelon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ganelon »

pagroove wrote:
If you mean the planet art, actually it is yours. Somewhat modified. I didn't know what should be where or etc for getting a planet to look ok, so I took one of your other planets, flipped it right to left, changed the hue/saturation a bit, and very slightly edited landmasses.

The description is mine, except for the first line, of course. Since it's mainly industrial, but not high tech, I figured they might try to up the economy by attracting tourist trade. It's not really a profitable milk run or anything. The radius of the planet is lower than that of Earth, so gravity would be a bit less. 100 kilos on Earth would only weigh maybe 50 kilos on Lasoce. It's a little bigger than, though, so a breathable atmosphere isn't impossible if it's warm enough and has enough water. Atmosphere would be a bit thin, though, and that would give a fairly wide temp range but probably a bit less chance of big storms like hurricanes. So why might anybody want to go to a somewhat risky section of space to visit? Hmm.. Sporting events! LOL

The "eye contact" thing is something I made up as a cultural element for my fiction to give an explanation for "ingrained shyness", or something that someone from another culture might interpret as such.

Mostly I just slapped it all together to see if I could actually add a planet in and get it to work. But since I do spend a good bit of time in and around Lasoce it does add some feel to gameplay for me.

Now if I can figure out how to add a unique landing location to one planet for Planetfall... But that's a minor objective.
Sleep? Who needs sleep? Got game. No need sleep.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Ganelon wrote:
pagroove wrote:
If you mean the planet art, actually it is yours. Somewhat modified. I didn't know what should be where or etc for getting a planet to look ok, so I took one of your other planets, flipped it right to left, changed the hue/saturation a bit, and very slightly edited landmasses.

The description is mine, except for the first line, of course. Since it's mainly industrial, but not high tech, I figured they might try to up the economy by attracting tourist trade. It's not really a profitable milk run or anything. The radius of the planet is lower than that of Earth, so gravity would be a bit less. 100 kilos on Earth would only weigh maybe 50 kilos on Lasoce. It's a little bigger than, though, so a breathable atmosphere isn't impossible if it's warm enough and has enough water. Atmosphere would be a bit thin, though, and that would give a fairly wide temp range but probably a bit less chance of big storms like hurricanes. So why might anybody want to go to a somewhat risky section of space to visit? Hmm.. Sporting events! LOL

The "eye contact" thing is something I made up as a cultural element for my fiction to give an explanation for "ingrained shyness", or something that someone from another culture might interpret as such.

Mostly I just slapped it all together to see if I could actually add a planet in and get it to work. But since I do spend a good bit of time in and around Lasoce it does add some feel to gameplay for me.

Now if I can figure out how to add a unique landing location to one planet for Planetfall... But that's a minor objective.

Mmm ok. Well it's still nice and as you can see it is not difficult to expand on the Famous Planets Concept. Even making text only planet will increase variety. So I hope that some of you come up with expansions for certain regions. :D

Permission is given right away from me :)
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Ganelon wrote:
It's easy - I'll put together a quick shipdata.plist entry and post it here next week (or later if I get time).

You restrict it to one planet by use of the conditions key in the plist, other than that it's similar to the built-in ones in PF. That's done using one the external roles:
  • planetFall_mainSurface_externalOXP
  • planetFall_subSurface_externalOXP
  • planetFall_moonSurface_externalOXP

with a suitable weighting probability.[/color]
MineCanary
Poor
Poor

Post by MineCanary »

No luck in getting Famous Planets to work. Embedded PDF says that you need "system redux" to work. Forum site says it's not needed. Hyperlink in the PDF for system redux is broken. Found the system redux OXP and installed - no good. Forum says that this is NOT needed though.

* Tried Using latest trunk build - no good.
* All other OXP's working fine.
* Tried famous planets 2.5 by itself (ONLY OXP) - no good. Tried with only system redux and famous planets. No good.
* Tried loading with left (and right!) shift key held down. No good.
* Tried using deep horizons with the FP2_DH-Sys_Script.zip - no good. (Deep horizons works fine, but once the script is in place, goes back to default textures)
* Certainly looks like it's loading - see below

10:50:57.609 [log.header]: Opening log for Oolite version 1.75.2 (x86-32 test release) under Windows at 2011-05-17 10:50:57 +1000.
2 processors detected.
Build options: spoken messages, mass/fuel pricing, JavaScript console support, OXP verifier, localization tools, debug GraphViz support, JavaScript profiling.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

10:50:57.843 [display.mode.list.native]: Windows native resolution detected: 1680 x 1050
10:50:58.031 [joystick.init]: Number of joysticks detected: 0
10:50:58.062 [searchPaths.dumpAll]: Unrestricted mode - resource paths:
Resources
../AddOns
../AddOns/Basic-debug.oxp
../AddOns/BGS-A1.3.3.oxp
../AddOns/Famous_Planets_v2.5.oxp
10:50:58.062 [rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 3.3.0 ("3.3.0"). Vendor: "NVIDIA Corporation". Renderer: "GeForce 8800 GTS/PCI/SSE2".
10:50:58.062 [rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (197):
GL_ARB_draw_instanced, GL_NV_float_buffer, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_ARB_sync, GL_EXTX_framebuffer_mixed_formats, GL_ARB_texture_multisample, GL_NV_texture_env_combine4, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_ARB_vertex_array_object, GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info, GL_NV_vertex_buffer_unified_memory, GL_ARB_blend_func_extended, GL_NV_explicit_multisample, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_NV_texture_shader2, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_NV_texture_shader3, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_NV_fence, GL_ARB_timer_query, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object, GL_NV_occlusion_query, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_NV_shader_buffer_load, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_viewport_array, GL_KTX_buffer_region, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_EXT_texture_cube_map, GL_NV_texture_multisample, GL_NV_primitive_restart, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_ARB_get_program_binary, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_NV_half_float, GL_NV_copy_image, GL_NV_register_combiners, GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_NV_fragment_program2, GL_EXT_Cg_shader, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_EXT_texture_swizzle, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_NV_vertex_program1_1, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_WIN_swap_hint, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_direct_state_access, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object2, GL_NV_vertex_array_range2, GL_ARB_shading_language_include, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev, GL_EXT_vertex_array, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_bindable_uniform, GL_ARB_texture_swizzle, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_EXT_draw_instanced, GL_ARB_occlusion_query2, GL_NV_transform_feedback, GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc, GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, WGL_EXT_swap_control, GL_ARB_geometry_shader4, GL_NV_point_sprite, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_NV_texture_expand_normal, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample_coverage, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil, GL_NV_geometry_shader4, GL_NV_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_NV_gpu_program4, GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object, GL_NV_vertex_program2_option, GL_ARB_map_buffer_range, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_copy_buffer, GL_S3_s3tc, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_NV_fragment_program, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_ARB_compatibility, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_SUN_slice_accum, GL_NV_vertex_array_range, GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility, GL_NV_vertex_program, GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint, GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_NV_vertex_program2, GL_NV_multisample_coverage, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_imaging, GL_NV_vertex_program3, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions, GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects, GL_SGIX_shadow, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_NV_fragment_program_option, GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc, GL_ARB_robustness, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_NV_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_EXT_texture_object, GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_SGIX_depth_texture, GL_ATI_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_NV_register_combiners2, GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_NV_texture_shader, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_ARB_sampler_objects, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object, GL_NVX_conditional_render, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding, GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_EXT_texture_lod, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_NV_pixel_data_range, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_EXT_point_parameters, GL_NV_texture_barrier
10:50:58.093 [rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
10:50:59.359 [script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 7 world scripts:
BGS-M 1.3.3
Famous Planets 2 Launch Script 2.0.2
oolite-cloaking-device 1.75.2
oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.75.2
oolite-nova 1.75.2
oolite-thargoid-plans 1.75.2
oolite-trumbles 1.75.2
10:51:01.265 [debugTCP.disconnect]: No connection to debug console: "Connection to debug console failed: 'No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

' (outStream status: 7, inStream status: 7)."
10:51:01.265 [debugTCP.disconnect]: No connection to debug console: "Connection to debug console failed: 'unknown error.' (outStream status: 0, inStream status: 0)."
10:51:01.265 [debugTCP.connect.failed]: Failed to connect to debug console at address 127.0.0.1:8563.
10:51:01.625 [loading.complete]: ========== Loading complete. ==========
10:55:23.687 [script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 7 world scripts:
BGS-M 1.3.3
Famous Planets 2 Launch Script 2.0.2
oolite-cloaking-device 1.75.2
oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.75.2
oolite-nova 1.75.2
oolite-thargoid-plans 1.75.2
oolite-trumbles 1.75.2
10:55:48.328 [gameController.exitApp]: .GNUstepDefaults synchronized.

Closing log at 2011-05-17 10:55:48 +1000.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

MineCanary: Please post a log after starting the game with Shift held down. The one posted above is from a run already reading a pre-existing cache. There could be errors that are not reported because of this.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Hi, MineCanary, and first of all welcome the the boards and of course to this great game! :D

In addition to another_commander's request, could you be a little more specific about your problem? What does 'no luck in getting FP to work' mean? Are you currently in one of the famous systems and the planet doesn't have its special texture? Or what else is actually going wrong?