Griffs Shipset All In 1, cobra1_redux weirdness.

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Griffs Shipset All In 1, cobra1_redux weirdness.

Post by NorthenderPNE »

I'm using Griffs Shipset All In 1, which i thought would override all default ships. But on a couple of occassions now i've noticed the cobra1_redux is appearing. I was about to dock at a station and there were 4 of them, 3 of which just looked dead. I've checked the oxp's i'm using and can't find any reference to the cobra1_redux other than Griffs Shipset All In 1 configs and the cache file. No other Oolite originals have appeared and its just the cobra1_redux.

I'm using the latest Trunk if that helps 1.75.2.4483. Any ideas? :?
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Griffs Shipset All In 1, cobra1_redux weirdness.

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Not 100% sure of this but because Griff's shipset doesn't directly replace the native ships, but suppresses them (which is a different approach to some of the other retexture packs) I think it is possible for another OXP to still spawn NPC's in original models.

Do a search through your add-on folders looking for files that contain the words "cobramk1", "cobramk1-alt" or "cobramk1-miner". This may well identify the OXP spawning the original models.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Re: Griffs Shipset All In 1, cobra1_redux weirdness.

Post by NorthenderPNE »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
Do a search through your add-on folders looking for files that contain the words "cobramk1", "cobramk1-alt" or "cobramk1-miner". This may well identify the OXP spawning the original models.
Here's a list below of where windows grep shows up the search

Addons:

shipdata-overides.plist - Griffs all in one.oxp
shipyard-overides.plist - Griffs all in one.oxp
shipdata.plist - Interstellar Help 2.1.oxp

Default:
oolite.cache.plist
demoships.plist
shipdata.plist
shipyard.plist

My first thought would be Interstellar Help, but then surely the other ships would've spawned, but i haven't seen any. But it's always the cobra1_redux that i keep seeing occasionally.

And thanks for replying Capt. Murphy, appreciated. :wink: