Problem with unknown oxp!

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

dalek501
Deadly
Deadly

Problem with unknown oxp!

Post by dalek501 »

Apologies! :oops:

I've been away from Oolite for a while but having got myself a new laptop with much higher spec I've come back to it again. Trouble is I've forgotten what I was doing! And my knowledge of the oxp's and what they did has gone. Although (having upgraded to 1.75) I went through an updated all the oxp's I could find.

After docking I received the following message:

As you can see from the cargo item something looks wrong. I wasn't sure what it was so I responded by informing the authorities and they took all my credits!

Anyone know what oxp it is? And obviously whether its 1.75 compatible?

Cheers.
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Problem with unknown oxp!

Post by Gimi »

Looks like you might have an outdated version of Vector.oxp. Suggest you find the latest one [EliteWiki] here.
It will probably ask if it can clean your save-file, as the updated version of vector.oxp has substantial changes to it. (You will have to start the mission all over when it pops up again).

Please note that Vector.oxp also requires Cabal_Common_Library1.2 and Snoopers2.1. Links on the same page.

If you are running the latest version of vector.oxp, then it looks like there is an error somewhere. For that you will need someone more knowledgeable than me, who I'm sure will be along shortly.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
dalek501
Deadly
Deadly

Post by dalek501 »

Thanks Gimi.

I did get the latest versions but I didnt have the Cabel_Common_Library1.2 installed.

I'll try again and see how it goes.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Hey dalek, welcome back.

Please check the value of mission_vector_expFactor in your savedgame.
If this contains something strange or a float (means e.g. 0.1), please change it to an integer (e.g. 1).

Eric reported this problem early 2009 (see https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5793&start=9).

It's just a idea, but maybe this is the culprit.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Svengali wrote:
Eric reported this problem early 2009 (see https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5793&start=9).

That was an Oolite bug that only affected Macs with a PowerPC processor. Although it could be possible that the variable was corrupted back than and now was used for the first time to generate a display?
dalek501
Deadly
Deadly

Post by dalek501 »

Thanks guys. :)

It does seem like its working again now after adding in the bit I was missing. It did ask me to clean up the save file as suggested, so I did do that. The .log messages I was receiving on startup have disappeared too.
JD
Deadly
Deadly

Post by JD »

Dalek - brilliant avatar. I can't have seen or even thought of that screen display in 25 years, and suddenly it comes flooding back. Very evocative of that time.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Eric Walch wrote:
That was an Oolite bug that only affected Macs with a PowerPC processor. Although it could be possible that the variable was corrupted back than and now was used for the first time to generate a display?
It affects Windows users as well since (at least) v1.74. Floats in missionVariables will screw it up. I'll add some lines to vector.js to avoid it for users with older savedgames.
dalek501
Deadly
Deadly

Post by dalek501 »

Svengali wrote:
Hey dalek, welcome back.

Please check the value of mission_vector_expFactor in your savedgame.
If this contains something strange or a float (means e.g. 0.1), please change it to an integer (e.g. 1).

I can confirm that the save file has the value of 1 for this now.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

dalek501 wrote:
I can confirm that the save file has the value of 1 for this now.
Very good .-)
dalek501
Deadly
Deadly

Post by dalek501 »

JD wrote:
Dalek - brilliant avatar. I can't have seen or even thought of that screen display in 25 years, and suddenly it comes flooding back. Very evocative of that time.
Hehe its great isnt it. Yep, its brings back so many good memories for me too. :)