IFF scanner Colours

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

IFF scanner Colours

Post by TGHC »

I was going to ask if the threat indicator could be made bigger (my eyesight is not what it used to be) and then I thought why not change the colours of the IFF scanner grid itself as the threat indicator?

I've searched the BB and apparently to change the scanner colour means changing the trunk code, that was Oct 2008, is this still right?
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
CheeseRedux
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: IFF scanner Colours

Post by CheeseRedux »

TGHC wrote:
threat indicator
You're talking about the thingamajiggy that goes green-yellow-red in decreasing order of safeness, right?
If so, there are a few HUDs out there that might be just what you need - or give you somewhere to start if you want t cobble something together yourself.
IIRC, Killer Wolf was the first to provide dynamic HUDs for his own ships, and then released a generic version: Killer Wolf's Dynamic HUD.
Then there's my personal favourite, the switching version of [wiki]MilSpec HUD OXP[/wiki]. (No screenshots of this one I'm 'fraid, but rest assured the HUD leaves absolutely no doubt as to what the alert clour is...)
"Actually this is a common misconception... I do *not* in fact have a lot of time on my hands at all! I just have a very very very very bad sense of priorities."
--Dean C Engelhardt