Python Blackdog for players in Rusties

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

lohwengk
Competent
Competent

Python Blackdog for players in Rusties

Post by lohwengk »

Is the energy recharge rate of 2.5 correct? That seems to be the recharge rate for the normal and used Pythons, while the pirate Blackdog has a recharge rate of 3.5. So shouldn't the player's Blackdog also have a recharge rate of 3.5, especially since it costs 10,000 credits more than the player's used Python and every stat looks identical?

I've done a search on the forum but could not find anything on this matter. Hope someone can clarify things.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Python Blackdog for players in Rusties

Post by Commander McLane »

Hi, lohwengk, and first of all welcome to the boards, and of course to this great game! :D

Unfortunately I don't know anything about the Rusties. Aren't they in general supposed to be worn-out ships with considerably worse stats than their non-rusty counterparts? Having said that, I cannot of course rule out that there might be a typo in their shipdata.
lohwengk
Competent
Competent

Post by lohwengk »

Commander McLane,

Thanks for the welcome, and I agree that this is a great game, even better than the old Elite I played a long, long time ago. Being able to put in new equipment, ships and missions adds a lot of fun, even though I need to be conservative because my computer is slow.

The Rusties Python and Blackdog are slower and have less energy than their non-rusty counterparts, hence their cheaper price (max flight speed: 195 vs 200; max energy: 440 vs 450). However, right now, the Rusties Python and Rusties Blackdog have the same stats, but the Rusties Python is cheaper (185,000 vs the Blackdog's 195,000).

As you said, it is possible that there is a typo in the shipdata. I brought it up because I hoped that someone with more experience would know and be able to confirm it one way or the other, and also so that it could be fixed if necessary.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

It might just be that the Blackdog comes with extra kit or something. Either that or the previous piratical owner looked after it better than the 'clean' ship's owner did....might have been a builder or something so the hold is full of cement dust and wood chips, and is covered in spilt paint. :D
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Pluisje
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Pluisje »

10,000 Credits for a very cool paint job seems like a steal to me. :wink: