Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Apple Laptop low battery niggle.

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Getafix

st3f
Average
Average

Apple Laptop low battery niggle.

Post by st3f »

Running Oolite 1.62 full screen on an iBook G4 (OS10.4).

When I get a battery low error, oolite stays full screen, but the (invisible) dialog box gets the keystrokes. So I fly in a level straight line until I plug in the power supply.

(just a niggle)
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Re: Apple Laptop low battery niggle.

Post by aegidian »

st3f wrote:
Running Oolite 1.62 full screen on an iBook G4 (OS10.4).

When I get a battery low error, oolite stays full screen, but the (invisible) dialog box gets the keystrokes. So I fly in a level straight line until I plug in the power supply.
Harrumph!

I'm not sure how to deal with that problem. I used Apple's own examples to sort out the full-screen display and it's supposed to keep the input focus while it's doing so. Anyone?
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!
st3f
Average
Average

Post by st3f »

You could call it a problem with the OS and leave it at that. Having died once with my PSU in a different room, I make sure that I keep an eye on my battery life or play on mains power.

A workaround could be to pop into windowed mode when the battery warning pops up but, never having programmed a Mac, I have no idea if that bit of information is broadcast or trappable. As I said, it's a niggle rather than a problem and is only worthy of a fix if it's an easy one or it's a bit of code you were going to visit anyway.