At last they're out (was: Please be patient)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

At last they're out (was: Please be patient)

Post by Commander McLane »

First of all: Happy to see Oolite 1.74! :D

Second, I'd like to ask everybody for patience, as far as 1.74-compatible versions of my OXPs are concerned. Oolite 1.74 contains quite a number of changes which have to be first understood and then implemented in the scripts. This will take me a while, because also RealLife™ is quite busy and time-consuming at the moment.

So I don't expect anything to be ready in the next couple of days, but eventually, it will come. :)
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: At last they're out (was: Please be patient)

It has taken more than a couple of days, and we already have another release of Oolite. But finally, we're there:

All OXPs on my list are now compatible with Oolite beta 1.75, please download the new versions from the Wiki. You can use either my own page or the [wiki]OXP List[/wiki] as an entry point.

There are two exceptions:

Cataclysm.oxp most probably doesn't work at all with Oolite 1.75 (and only maybe with Oolite 1.74).

Personalities.oxp sort of works in Oolite 1.74 and Oolite 1.75, but not fully. The personalities are there and will interact with you, but likely not with the full range of their possibilities.

I am working on Personalities, which will eventually see its full release (the current version is/was only a teaser anyway); a new release of Cataclysm will have to wait.

Thank you for your patience, and your bug reports! :D
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

Interstellar Help is still listed as blank/unknown in the OXP List. I assume that it is the OXP list that needs a "Y" put in.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Oh yes, I forgot. Interstellar_help 2.0 should get a Y* for the time being, because it has an issue with a deprecated method (there is one check for player.ship.hasEquipment which is not valid code anymore).

Interstellar_help 2.1 is basically ready, but will need Oolite 1.75.1 to work, as there is a problem with NPCs following in player wormholes in 1.75. (The bug is—hopefully—already fixed in trunk, but this must still be tested.)
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Okay, so now [EliteWiki] interstellar_help 2.1 is ready for launch, but unfortunately it will only work with Oolite 1.75.1 (due to a problem in 1.75 and before). Users of trunk (at least rev 4421) will be able to use it right away.

It will give you another option if you're stuck in interstellar space with not enough fuel to jump out. I proudly present: the Electronic Thumb. It's my first take on a new type of equipment which can be activated by the player. The default key for that is 'N'. First you have to select ("prime") the equipment by cycling through a list of primable equipment with SHIFT-'N', then hitting 'N' any time will activate it.

In interstellar space, if you're lucky, your Electronic Thumb will flag down passing spacecraft to either buy fuel from them or hitch a ride in their wormhole. If you're inside a system, it will do nothing.

EDIT: added link
Last edited by Commander McLane on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

Electronic Thumb - excellent name choice!!!