OXP table and v1.75

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: OXP table and v1.75

Post by Eric Walch »

Smivs wrote:
If anyone else is using v1.75 and can confirm that any OXPs are OK, please get in touch.
I would ask again, though, that authors who know their OXPs are OK please either post here or PM me as this will make the job much easier.
It is always difficult to claim 1.75 compatibility without full testing. :wink:
All oxps in my box account were made 1.75 compatible in the first 2 weeks of January. At least that was what I thought, but two further bugs I probably missed and were only fixed after the 1.75 release. I think they are all 1.75 compatible now. I'll go through the list and set the marks.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Thanks Eric, much appreciated.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by Fatleaf »

If anybody is interested I'm leaving the missions till last so of anyone wants to test them out, post which ones here and go for it. :D
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

I'm hoping Fuel Collector gets updated -- I use it heavily to get just a little extra fuel for injecting after long jumps.
Fatleaf

Post by Fatleaf »

Switeck wrote:
I'm hoping Fuel Collector gets updated -- I use it heavily to get just a little extra fuel for injecting after long jumps.
It hasn't been included on the Wiki page so I wont be testing it till all that is done. But fuletankv2.2 does work, so you wont get stuck in interstellar space.
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

Switeck wrote:
Seconded, unfortunately it didn't work for me with Feb 11 nightly and thus I'm not using it now (playing Feb 25 nightly now)...
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Discussion:-
As Fatleaf goes through the OXPs checking for 1.75 compatibility, he is finding quite a few which do work but are showing log errors such as that identified for the Ferdepai (somewhere above).
My personal view is that the main table should ultimately list only OXPs that are 1.75 compatible and are in good working order. I am therefore minded to move any OXPs generating log errors to the 'OXPs with problems' table further down the Wiki page until they are sorted out.
Comments, opinions please?
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

Smivs wrote:
Discussion:-
As Fatleaf goes through the OXPs checking for 1.75 compatibility, he is finding quite a few which do work but are showing log errors such as that identified for the Ferdepai (somewhere above).
My personal view is that the main table should ultimately list only OXPs that are 1.75 compatible and are in good working order. I am therefore minded to move any OXPs generating log errors to the 'OXPs with problems' table further down the Wiki page until they are sorted out.
Comments, opinions please?
Compatibility: Y/M/N
"M" can stand for "Most" or "Maybe" :D
Fatleaf

Post by Fatleaf »

Do you think it would be a good idea to start a new thread of all the log errors I'm finding? To highlight problems that may not be known by their creators.
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

Fatleaf wrote:
Do you think it would be a good idea to start a new thread of all the log errors I'm finding? To highlight problems that may not be known by their creators.
Feel free to do so...
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Fatleaf wrote:
Or—better still—post in the respective threads of the OXPs which create the log errors.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

A new thread would certainly be the tidier solution, but there would be no guarantee that the authors in question would see this and act on it. However that is also a possibility if we dredge up loads of (often old) threads relating to individual OXPs. That would normally be the way these issues are tackled, but as there could be quite a few I foresee a problem with the first page of the Expansion Pack forum being over-run with these old threads, to the detriment of new releases and current discussion.
No easy answer in other words. I agree that just moving them all to the 'OXPs with problems' table is not perfect either, but as a short-term measure it would at least ensure that the main table is fully accurate in terms of the OXPs being checked for both compatibility and 'working order'.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

If all else fails and when their identities are known, why not simply just PM us and tell us if our OXPs have a problem? We're the only ones who need to know that there is a problem so we can fix it. Then we can tell everyone that it is done and to update...
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

A sensible idea, as always, from Thargoid, and probably what will happen. I hope there aren't too many of them!
Any PMs that don't get a response will cause the OXP to be 'demoted' to being an official 'OXP with problems'. :D
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

I have just done the next tranche of updates, and while there are still a few to do, the table is now usable.
The 'header' has now been re-worked with the following legend:-
'Y' is compatible (with v1.75).
'Y*' is compatible but indicates that the OXP has other faults or problems.
'N' is incompatible.
Blank is unknown or un-tested.

I would ask all authors to check the table at this point (and again when this project is complete) to confirm that the table is up-to-date and accurate. And if anybody else has any input, please let us know.
Cheers,
Smivs.