Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Hiya

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

magma
Average
Average

Hiya

Post by magma »

Good morning, I have not played oolite for a few years...

I would like to get back to having a military laser front and back, docking computer, fuel scoops and a rating of average after loosing my files, anyone know how I can achieve this without having to spend 100s of hrs by starting all over again
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Hiya

Post by Gimi »

magma wrote:
Good morning, I have not played oolite for a few years...

I would like to get back to having a military laser front and back, docking computer, fuel scoops and a rating of average after loosing my files, anyone know how I can achieve this without having to spend 100s of hrs by starting all over again
This will allow you to award yourself money, kills and more. Use with care, as game satisfaction will suffer if overdone.
http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/OoCheat_OXP

The alternative is to edit your save-file. For how, I refer you to the experts that are sure to come along soon.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

You can edit your savefile. it's plaintext and rather self-explanatory. simplest way is to only pump up your cash-amount and buy stuff.

use notepad++ instead of notepad if you're on Windows, or you're in for a lot of trouble (so I've heard)

(of course, cheating is never as satisfying as playing it the hard way :) )

(EDIT: ninja'd by Gimi! :) )
CheeseRedux
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CheeseRedux »

As mentioned above, easiest way is to edit your savegame in a non-Notepad text editor.
Just do a search for the two items below for credits & kills. Note that credits are in tenths, so 123456 equals 12345.6Cr.

Code: Select all

<key>credits</key>
<integer>123456</integer>

Code: Select all

<key>ship_kills</key>
<integer>1234</integer>
"Actually this is a common misconception... I do *not* in fact have a lot of time on my hands at all! I just have a very very very very bad sense of priorities."
--Dean C Engelhardt
magma
Average
Average

Post by magma »

Thanks guys, yeah I had no file at all as it was on the ex's computer.. Just pumped up my credits a bit to by the equipment I had and put myself up to average..
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Hi Magma, if in the future your 'guilty conscience' gets the better of you, you can use the same method to 'fine' yourself. :mrgreen:
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.