rc3 problems common to OS X and Linux

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

winston
Pirate
Pirate

rc3 problems common to OS X and Linux

Post by winston »

I've found three common issues:

1. Lave.oxp causes frequent crashes. This may be because I have dodgy conflicting OXPs - I will (probably tomorrow now) refresh all the OXPs I have and see if it still happens. The crash happens when the game is started (never get to the spinning Cobra stage). If it continues to happen with refreshed OXPs, I'll probably do a debug build in Xcode and find where it's barfing.

2. Thargoids don't release Thargons. Probably because of:
2006-01-23 22:13:14.738 Oolite[2495] ERROR - could not find tharglet.dat

(This is using 1.55 upgraded to 1.62rc3 rather than a build of the source tree, i.e. as a normal user would do)

3. Thargoids say odd things when they die (as well as the things they are expected to say) - things like the single word "famous" and "noted" as well as the usual "Eat pickled Disans" type messages.

In addition to these three, I did come across an instance of a space station (in a tech level 12 corporate state) not responding with Vipers when the beacon was shot by me. I also tried shooting at the station but never got a response (other than going from my normal Offender to Fugitive). I've not been able to recreate it, though.
TedJ
Deadly
Deadly

Re: rc3 problems common to OS X and Linux

Post by TedJ »

winston wrote:
...In addition to these three, I did come across an instance of a space station (in a tech level 12 corporate state) not responding with Vipers when the beacon was shot by me. I also tried shooting at the station but never got a response (other than going from my normal Offender to Fugitive). I've not been able to recreate it, though.
Hrumph. Obviously they ph34r you greatly. :lol:
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

winston wrote:
In addition to these three, I did come across an instance of a space station (in a tech level 12 corporate state) not responding with Vipers when the beacon was shot by me. I also tried shooting at the station but never got a response (other than going from my normal Offender to Fugitive). I've not been able to recreate it, though.
Shouldn't happen often, but stations do only have a small fleet of 8 vipers, it's possible it ran out!
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!
winston
Pirate
Pirate

Post by winston »

How about more Vipers at safer systems? It'd be nice to be swarmed if attacking a station in a Corporate State.
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

winston wrote:
2. Thargoids don't release Thargons. Probably because of:
2006-01-23 22:13:14.738 Oolite[2495] ERROR - could not find tharglet.dat

(This is using 1.55 upgraded to 1.62rc3 rather than a build of the source tree, i.e. as a normal user would do)

3. Thargoids say odd things when they die (as well as the things they are expected to say) - things like the single word "famous" and "noted" as well as the usual "Eat pickled Disans" type messages.
Both those problems could be caused by a failed upgrade (because they're both problems overcome by new files) - could you check OolitePatch.log and see if it worked entirely correctly.
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!
winston
Pirate
Pirate

Post by winston »

Gah gah gah. [red face] Turned out I hadn't quite cleared out all the old OXPs, they probably caused all the problems here. Please ignore me while I scuttle off and hide.
Murgh
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Murgh »

I suspect you were keeping the auld mPak with blue and waspy vipers :shock:
The man next to you is your lunch
TedJ
Deadly
Deadly

Post by TedJ »

winston wrote:
Gah gah gah.
Ah, the traditional Thargoid warcry. Most people who hear that never live to tell the tale... :P

Like the new avatar Murgh, another ship you're working on?
Murgh
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Murgh »

TedJ wrote:
Like the new avatar Murgh, another ship you're working on?
oh no, it's a finished ship from the hands of A_H (armoured viper from att1.oxp), but I've earned the right to wear it by doing slavework for him. he's tricked me into believing PCs are incapable of creating transparent pngs..

so Winston, is Lave.oxp still a culprit?
The man next to you is your lunch