unsolvable puzzle? [Spoiler Warning!]

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Jorge van den Poem
Competent
Competent

Re: unsolvable puzzle?

Post by Jorge van den Poem »

Whell I did not try to fly to the sun right after the fuel leak so this might be the solution to this 'unsolvable' problem but I did not so maybe a next time I will try this one :D
Anyway all of you thanks for the help this is a nice board to go to when in trouble :)
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: unsolvable puzzle? [Spoiler Warning!]

Post by Commander McLane »

@ Kaks: The first post mentions galaxy 4 which is correct (not 2 or 3!). So I guess the mentioning of galaxy 1 in a later post is a mere typo and can be disregarded.
Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by Fatleaf »

But how did the nova mission start when there is no galactic hyperdrive present?
Jorge van den Poem, have you altered your game file in anyway?
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Commander McLane wrote:
@ Kaks: The first post mentions galaxy 4 which is correct (not 2 or 3!). So I guess the mentioning of galaxy 1 in a later post is a mere typo and can be disregarded.
:oops: Oops: I was probably thinking in c/js, where galaxy 1 is galaxy 0, etc... </figleaf>
I'll take my coat! :P

@A: :mrgreen:
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Jorge van den Poem
Competent
Competent

:D @ Fatleaf : Every now and then I give meself an Energy Bomb AT planets which dont supply this item, I like Energy Bombs especially with the speakers at maximum volume and its good for the status :D

I dont think that hacking the commander file can influence the game in this manner but one never knows of course :D
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Jorge van den Poem wrote:
:D @ Fatleaf : Every now and then I give meself an Energy Bomb AT planets which dont supply this item, I like Energy Bombs especially with the speakers at maximum volume and its good for the status :D

I dont think that hacking the commander file can influence the game in this manner but one never knows of course :D
Well, of course hacking the commander file can and will influence the game. I mean, influencing the game is pretty much the reason why someone would hack their commander in the first place, isn't it? :wink:

But the point is: there was an unclarity whether or not you had a Galactic Hyperdrive on your ship when the Nova mission triggered. The mission only triggers if you have one. You seemed to claim that you had none. But it's also possible that you had one and weren't aware. Therefore the unclarity in this point isn't clarified yet.
Jorge van den Poem
Competent
Competent

I just arrived in Galaxy 4 and was not planning to leave this Galaxy soon so I did not buy a Galactic Hyperdrive yet I did not think of needing it already I still do not have the drive at this moment. So whether the nova mission should start or not is not dependend on having a Galactic drive or am I thinking wrongly I dont know.
Fatleaf

Post by Fatleaf »

That being the case, something has gone wrong somewhere as the nova mission is not supposed to start until you have a galactic hyperdrive present.
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"