Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Greyman
Dangerous
Dangerous

Re: Happy New Year

Post by Greyman »

Commander McLane wrote:
El Viejo wrote:
I qualify on both counts… spent a lot of time in hot climates, and never wore a hat.
Greyman wrote:
Yes, up until now I really try to avoid being too long in direct sunlight. But thankfully I'm not the kind of person (like e.g. an Englishman on summer holidays in southern Europe) that turns red as a lobster :D
I'm not that type of person as well. However, it's not simply about being in "hot climates". It's being in the equator sun at 1200 meters (4000 feet) above sea level (I was overlooking Lake Victoria) or higher (don't know how high up you are, Greyman) with (at midday) no cloud cover whatsoever. The bombardment with UV radiation is merciless, therefore caution is highly advised.
If I'm not much mistaken, Ibanda (the closest thing to a town around here) is about 1300 metres up. So yes, UV is a big issue here. But hey, back home they have to shovel snow and scratch the ice from the car. Don't know what is worse :-)
Get the Oolite Keymapper for Mac here!
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Greyman wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
El Viejo wrote:
I qualify on both counts… spent a lot of time in hot climates, and never wore a hat.
Greyman wrote:
Yes, up until now I really try to avoid being too long in direct sunlight. But thankfully I'm not the kind of person (like e.g. an Englishman on summer holidays in southern Europe) that turns red as a lobster :D
I'm not that type of person as well. However, it's not simply about being in "hot climates". It's being in the equator sun at 1200 meters (4000 feet) above sea level (I was overlooking Lake Victoria) or higher (don't know how high up you are, Greyman) with (at midday) no cloud cover whatsoever. The bombardment with UV radiation is merciless, therefore caution is highly advised.
If I'm not much mistaken, Ibanda (the closest thing to a town around here) is about 1300 metres up. So yes, UV is a big issue here. But hey, back home they have to shovel snow and scratch the ice from the car. Don't know what is worse :-)

Like those classic shots from Geneva a few years ago?

Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Greyman
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Greyman »

Just like that :)

Good night everyone! It's nice to be back again :mrgreen:
Get the Oolite Keymapper for Mac here!
nijineko
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by nijineko »

happy new year, if a bit laggard.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?

Play games. Win Amazon gift cards! Brag. Repeat.
Rebecca
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Rebecca »

nijineko wrote:
happy new year, if a bit laggard.
yup ditto

R
Becca the Hermit Slayer, and part-time unpredictable avatar assassin.