Father, I've done a bad thing!

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

curtsibling
Dangerous
Dangerous

Re: Father, I've done a bad thing!

Post by curtsibling »

I can't think of many things I would do in an Adder, apart from being shot to bits! :)
***Ship Log***
Ship:Caduceus Omega - Invidious Domain
Legal:Clean
Rating:Dangerous
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

curtsibling wrote:
I can't think of many things I would do in an Adder, apart from being shot to bits! :)
Well if it's anything like the old Ford Fiesta I had when I was younger.... :wink:
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Smivs wrote:
curtsibling wrote:
Well if it's anything like the old Ford Fiesta I had when I was younger.... :wink:
Or a Cortina with column gear shift, and a bench seat in the front… like the one an old girlfriend of mine had.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

If you don't leave the same system as you got the loan from the Black Monks AND you have lots of OXP stations installed, just running goods from 1 station to another could net you lots of credits to repay the loan. While still in the same system, repaying the loan only costs 20100 credits. If you just left Lave and go to the nearest TL10+ system, you could get the loan and trade between stations in-system (remember the BM station ALSO has a trade menu!) and then repay the loan. End result, at least enough to afford a full 35 tons of computers to sell at the next port-of-call. That should save you a few penny-pinching trips where you're still stuck buying food to fill your cargo hold. :lol:
Pluisje
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Pluisje »

curtsibling wrote:
One thing it's good for is docking on injectors. I tried the ship once, never docked on normal speed.
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Commander McLane wrote:
Phantom Hoover wrote:
Well, you *could* get a Caduceus Omega on the loan...
No, you couldn't, which makes this useful-sounding piece of advice a no-go.

The Black Monks only loan you 20,000 credits. That's a couple of zeroes short of a Caddy's price tag. :roll:
Yeah couple of problems with this one; as the right honourable Commander McLane has pointed out price tag. (if I put the Caddy down to that price I really would be strung up by the tzars of game balance. Secondly, fighting a monk with an Omega is still a serious fight not a get out of jail free card. Those ships pack a hell of a wallop and can still take down a Caduceus if you don't fly right. The real point at which they come into their own is they attack again and again and again. They can really make a game quite miserable and have you mousing over your oxp folder for some waste bin monastery dumping justice.