Member statistics?

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

CheeseRedux
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Member statistics?

Post by CheeseRedux »

From what I remember from another board, edits didn't show up as such unless you actively stated reason for editing, or somesuch. P'haps we've got a similar thing here.

Edit: I'm editing this thing now, after Svengali made my post no longer the last in thread. I cannot see anywhere the option to state reason for editing, so obviously it doesn't exist, or hasn't been activated, or is hidden from me, or something else beyond my imagination...

Edit2: Last edited by CheeseRedux on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, whaddayaknow...
Last edited by CheeseRedux on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Actually this is a common misconception... I do *not* in fact have a lot of time on my hands at all! I just have a very very very very bad sense of priorities."
--Dean C Engelhardt
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

El Viejo wrote:
Good thinking Svengali... just tried it with a post from Dec 13th... no evidence of an edit.
CheeseRedux wrote:
From what I remember from another board, edits didn't show up as such unless you actively stated reason for editing, or somesuch. P'haps we've got a similar thing here.
Just tried it with the Globestations. Tada! If I remember right it needs replies to be shown.

But maybe your status makes it different?
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Another new feature...I just went to 'Submit' a post, and it warned me that another post had just been added to the thread, showed me the new thread, and asked if I wanted to review mine!
Clever stuff...an end to getting Ninja'd :shock:
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Previously, as an admin, I could edit any posts without leaving evidence, except my own… that’s how it should be.
That doesn’t appear to be the case now, even in posts that have had replies... I used a replied-to post to test it.

Smivs... I just that second noticed it myself... cool.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

El Viejo wrote:
Can someone check this for me: I don't think that the edits are being displayed. I seem to be able to edit my own posts, without it showing.
Yeah, this seems to be an admin thing. There isn’t an option for it in the admin permissions configuration thingummy, though. :-/ Admins/master assassins will have to keep that in mind and get into the habit of using the edit reason field.
Cody

Post by Cody »

Ahruman wrote:
Admins/master assassins will have to keep that in mind and get into the habit of using the edit reason field.
Noted!

EDIT: Doubly noted - DH :wink:
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!