customsounds "energy low" doesn't work?

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

JeffBTX
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

customsounds "energy low" doesn't work?

Post by JeffBTX »

I cannot get the [energy low] sound event to work.

I have this in my (OXP) customsounds.plist:

Code: Select all

// Warnings
	"[@warning]"					= "warning.ogg";		// Not used directly by game, only by references below.
	"[hostile-warning]"				= "[@warning]";
	"[alert-condition-red]"			= "[@warning]";
	"[incoming-missile]"			= "JB-c-INMISSILE.ogg";			// Help, help, they're shooting at us
	"[energy-low]"					= "JB-c-ENERGYLOW.ogg";					// Energy below 25% - may occur repeatedly
	"[autopilot-denied]"			= "[@warning]";			// Station refuses docking clearance
	"[witchdrive-malfunction]"		= "ecm.ogg";			// Misjump (3/4 witchjump malfunctions)
	"[witchdrive-failure]"			= "[@warning]";			// Jump failed, internal damage (1/8 witchjump malfunctions; other 1/8 is fuel leak, see [fuel-leak])
	"[fuel-leak]"					= "[@warning]";
I can't get the sound to play. Other custom sounds are playing fine.

I can let myself get down to maybe 1/3 of the last energy bank (well below 25%), use fuel injectors to get away to heal a bit, then go back for more punishment. Nothing.

A few times I waited too long and I got blown up. My dynamic HUD *IS* switching to Critical Condition.

I checked the log... no indicators there, no warnings or errors. Cache was flushed beforehand.

Is this one of those commented-out sounds in the default customsounds.plist that was never actually implemented... like [wormhole-created]?
Sword, thy name is Cobra. And Cobra has fangs!
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

[energy-low] is one of the commented out sounds in the standard customsounds.plist. The code telling Oolite how to play that sound is there, but there is no code anywhere that actually tells it when it should be played.
JeffBTX
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JeffBTX »

another_commander;

Thanks, I will throw away the sound then.
Sword, thy name is Cobra. And Cobra has fangs!
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

another_commander wrote:
[energy-low] is one of the commented out sounds in the standard customsounds.plist. The code telling Oolite how to play that sound is there, but there is no code anywhere that actually tells it when it should be played.
That’s potentially misleading. All the commented-out sounds are used except [energy-low] and [wormhole-created].