Book Suggestions Needed

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Deep Horizon Industries Manufacturing & Research Site somewhere in G8...

Book Suggestions Needed

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

Hey all-
While driving with my 12-year old daughter last night, she mentioned she would like a book on learning HTML for Yule this year. She has been dabbling a VERY TINY bit with it for a site she visits frequently (NeoPets). I was on Amazon earlier and found both a O'Reilly 'Head First' on HTML/CSS/XHTML and a colorized 'For Dummies' covering the same topics. Both look to be a few years old though, and I wasn't sure how up-to-date either might be. Anyways, I was hoping on of you might provide a reasonable recommendation for such a book.

Thanks in advance...
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp provides some really useful online tutorials, where you can play around with the coding and see what the result will be. They also have a book: I've no idea how good this is, though: it's got one single-star review on the UK Amazon site, but an average of 4.5 stars from six reviews on Amazon.com (2 1-star, 2 4-star and 2 5-star: seems the audience is pretty much split into "great" or "rubbish", although one single-star review is complaining about the paper quality rather than the content).