Iffy question / discussion; Permanently retextured planets

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Deep Horizon Industries Manufacturing & Research Site somewhere in G8...

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

The mismatch you are describing is being addressed (albeit in different ways) by both Capt. Kev and myself in our respective OXPs. There was a time not horribly long ago where we could only retexture once we were in system. The devs fixed this, and so now both Capt. Kev and I are reworking our OXPs. We are both adding additional artwork and features. I cannot speak for Capt. Kev, but I know my own work is stalled slightly by the Holidays as far as the scripting goes. As for the artwork side, I know I am a horrible perfectionist who is never satisfied, so I tend to produce very slowly.
JeffBTX
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JeffBTX »

Ah... it's fixed in "trunk" then?
Sword, thy name is Cobra. And Cobra has fangs!
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

No. The "fix" - aka new feature - has been fully functional (albeit not too widely known) since 1.74 & was partially functional (you had to have detailed planets on) in 1.73.

The sheer amount of scriptable stuff in Oolite can be overwhelming, though. Probably up to 1/3 of 1.74.x's scriptability is still waiting for the right oxp to come along...
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
JeffBTX
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JeffBTX »

Then I am eagerly awaiting for the right Planet Retexturing OXP to come along.

One of them... I THINK it was Deep Horizons (?) (but maybe I'm wrong) ... seemed to read the F7 key when out-system (or rather the F7 Screen displayed the retextured planet when out-system). I THINK it was that OXP, not sure.

So far I've had little minor reasons not to use any of the Planet OXPs; no big deal, but I will wait for just the "right" one.
Sword, thy name is Cobra. And Cobra has fangs!