HELP; F7 Planet Data Screen; "largest" planet?

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

JeffBTX
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

HELP; F7 Planet Data Screen; "largest" planet?

Post by JeffBTX »

I am designing my own new dynamic HUD. It is going EXTREMELY well.

In the F7 Planet Data screen, the rendered planets are of different sizes, which is logical. And in fact, out of all the screens when docked (F2 Options, F3 Shipyard, F5 Manifest, etc.), the *WIDEST* display happens to be some of the planets in the F7 display, and I have been adjusting my "when docked" HUD accordingly.

Would anyone happen to know, or know how to find out, which is the LARGEST/widest planet that can be rendered in the 8 galaxies? I am using the default procedural texturing in PC Oolite 1.74.2 (for now), NO planet OXPs are installed.

Maybe someone, some Oolite Developer or OXP designer, has a searchable database...

ALSO...

For future expansion...

What is the impact (this issue) of installing some of the planet OXPs (I may do this later when they progress some more)? Do any of the planet OXP makers *EXCEED* what is found in vanilla Oolite?

... Thanks
Sword, thy name is Cobra. And Cobra has fangs!
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

This may not be what you're looking for, but you can download spreadsheets of all the planetary data here, and if you're looking for the largest planet radius, you ought to be able to search for it within the spreadsheet...
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

From a quick dump of system data, it appears that the biggest planets are Onisaned and Aenlege, both in Galaxy 4. Radius is 6911km.
JeffBTX
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JeffBTX »

another_commander;

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for...
...I will use a "test" savegame to get myself to G4 and look at those two planets.
Sword, thy name is Cobra. And Cobra has fangs!
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

JeffBTX wrote:
another_commander;

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for...
...I will use a "test" savegame to get myself to G4 and look at those two planets.
The info was also on the wiki. I remember it adding a few weeks back. Its good to know that it are the same values as A_C found.