Just another ISS pic?

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Swimming with dolphins is not as exciting as it may sound. When we did it in Zanzibar, it went like this: we had hired a boat, and the driver was heading for the dolphin spot. Whenever he spotted dolphins on the surface he headed for them, which took about half a minute or minute. Then we jumped out of the boat, and before we were oriented in the water the dolphins had dived. We climbed back in the boat and looked for the spot where the dolphins would re-surface a minute or so later. We headed for them, rinse, repeat.

After four or five times of meaningless chase we decided to just stay on the boat and watch the beautiful animals from there. Much less stressful, both for them and for us. :wink:
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Commander McLane wrote:
we decided to just stay on the boat and watch the beautiful animals from there. Much less stressful, both for them and for us.
Yes… exactly how it should be, McLane… just to watch them is to marvel.

Back to that pic… the magic is inside the Cupola, not in the view… it’s what drew me to the image. As a few people noted, TC looks entirely at home… comfortable… at ease. We can exist out there and become accustomed to it… and we will, of that I’m sure.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by drew »

Nice pic - I wonder - is the yellow atmospheric glow light pollution?

Cheers,

Drew.
Drew is an author of SF and Fantasy Novels
WebsiteFacebookTwitter
Ganelon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ganelon »

Peaceful exploration of (and living in) space is a nice dream..

But so far, we've never managed one peaceful planet, country, city, or even in most cases neighbourhoods.

Look even at Oolite. It's a space *trading* game. Only a very few people on these forums play it peaceably. What is "Elite status", other than a kill count?

Sure, it's just a game. But it maybe shows a bit more human nature than is comfy.

Still, it's a beautiful pic and a pretty dream. So when will there be Oolite ships that even have a cupola to see a view like that from? ;)
Sleep? Who needs sleep? Got game. No need sleep.