[Solved] Conflict: Oolite German v.03 and Accessories.oxp

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

OSH
Dangerous
Dangerous

[Solved] Conflict: Oolite German v.03 and Accessories.oxp

Post by OSH »

Accessories.oxp doesn't work, when OoliteGerman_V0.3.oxp is also installed. Holding down SHIFT doesn't help. Any suggestions?
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Hi Osh,
Sorry to hear you've got a problem. When you say it doesn't work, do you mean that the default textures are not replaced with the new textures? In other words, you are not seeing any difference.
Also, do you have other OXPs installed, and are they working?
Final check...does it work with German Oolite un-installed?
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
OSH
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by OSH »

Three times: YES. After installing I don't see any difference, I've installed Famous Planets (and they works), after deinstalling of German Oolite accessories.oxp works.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Hi again,
could you post your latest log here? It might give me a clue.
I'm not familiar with German Oolite in any detail, and this has not been reported before, so I am flying in the dark a bit here, but my instincts are that it's something straightforward and easy to sort out.
OSH
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by OSH »

Of course. I've observed also, your ShipSet doesn't allow to load savegame, that was made before installing ShipSet. I've got simply CTD after load this save game...

Code: Select all

[log.header]: Opening log for Oolite version 1.74.2 (x86-32 test release) under Windows at 2010-11-02 00:53:29 +0100.
1 processor detected.
Oolite options: procedural planet textures, docking clearance, wormhole scanner, target incoming missiles, spoken messages, JavaScript console support, OXP verifier, localization tools, debug GraphViz support.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

[joystickHandler.init]: Number of joysticks detected: 2
[display.mode.list.native]: Windows native resolution detected: 1024 x 768
[dataCache.rebuild.explicitFlush]: Cache explicitly flushed with shift key. Rebuilding from scratch.
[searchPaths.dumpAll]: Unrestricted Mode - Resources paths:
    Resources
    ../AddOns
    ../AddOns/accessories.oxp
    ../AddOns/DeepspaceHud.oxp
    ../AddOns/Famous_Planets_v2.5.oxp
    ../AddOns/FP Liners 1.00.oxp
    ../AddOns/OoliteGerman_V0.3.oxp
[rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 2.1.7169 ("2.1.7169 Release")
Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Renderer: Radeon X1300/X1550 Series (Omega 3.8.442)
[rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (82):
GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_EXT_texture_object, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_ATI_meminfo, GL_EXT_texture_cube_map, GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_ARB_shadow_ambient, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_EXT_copy_texture, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_EXT_texgen_reflection, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_ATI_fragment_shader, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, WGL_EXT_swap_control, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_WIN_swap_hint, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp, GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_KTX_buffer_region, GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_subtexture, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_EXT_point_parameters, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_EXT_vertex_array, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_ATI_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_AMD_performance_monitor, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ATI_envmap_bumpmap
[rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
[rendering.opengl.shader.mode]: Shader mode set to SHADERS_FULL.
[shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
[script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 7 world scripts:
    Famous Planets 2 Launch Script 2.0.2
    Famous Planets Liners Script 1.0
    oolite-cloaking-device 1.74.2
    oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.74.2
    oolite-nova 1.74.2
    oolite-thargoid-plans 1.74.2
    oolite-trumbles 1.74.2
[localization.plurals]: ----- WARNING: 'human-colonial-description' found in descriptions.plist, should be 'human-colonial-description%0'. Localization data needs updating.
[loading.complete]: ========== Loading complete. ==========
[script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 7 world scripts:
    Famous Planets 2 Launch Script 2.0.2
    Famous Planets Liners Script 1.0
    oolite-cloaking-device 1.74.2
    oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.74.2
    oolite-nova 1.74.2
    oolite-thargoid-plans 1.74.2
    oolite-trumbles 1.74.2
[gameController.exitApp]: .GNUstepDefaults synchronized.

Closing log at 2010-11-02 00:53:58 +0100.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

I really have no idea what's happening here, I'm afraid. The log suggests that the OXP is loading OK.
I've downloaded German Oolite and had a quick look at it, and can't see any obvious reason why Accessories is not working. All Accessories does is over-write the original texture with the new one, and as the models (and therefore the textures) that the shipdata.plist refers to are un-changed I would expect it to work.
I know there have been issues with the localisation OXPs in the past, so I hope someone will be along soon who might have some insight.
It's way past my bedtime now, but as I've downloaded German Oolite I'll install it tomorrow and see if I can reproduce the problem which might help me to resolve this issue.
Sorry I can't be more help right now.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

The German localization OXP loads second and resets the texture references back to their initial values. OSH, either rename the OoliteGerman_v0.3.oxp to AOoliteGerman_v0.3.oxp, or rename Accessories.oxp to ZAccessories.oxp. This should fix it.

Of couse, the best way to fix this type of conflicts is to use a shipdata-overrides.plist containing only the items that need to be overriden in the localization OXP, i.e. the ship display names. One can have a look at the Italian localization OXP for an example of how this can be done.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Ninja'd! This came to me about an hour after I went to bed.
A_C is (of course) right. Probably best to rename Accessories, so go into your AddOns folder and rename the 'accessories.oxp' folder, maybe to 'xaccessories.oxp'.
That should work.
OSH
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by OSH »

Second way works. Thanks!
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

OSH wrote:
Second way works. Thanks!
OK, that's good. It's always nice when something works :D