A few problems with The Feudal States v1.9.2

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

DGill
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

A few problems with The Feudal States v1.9.2

Post by DGill »

There seems to be a few bugs in feudal-tournament.js:

line 161 missionVariabes.feudal_score += 100 - should be missionVariables

line 138 : these don't seem to be defined:

this.defineTournamentGender()
this.defineTournamentInputs()
player.feudalRankGenerator()
this.defineTournamentOutputs()

line 314: system.legacy_addShipsWithinRadius([missionVariables.feudal_tournament_opponent_role], 1, "wsu", [0, 0, 0.32], 5000)

... opponent role does not seem to be defined.

Also, during tournament 5, the ships in the melee don't fight each other - is this suppose to happen?
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: A few problems with The Feudal States v1.9.2

Post by Ramirez »

Apologies for the delay. I've updated to v1.9.3 to include some fixes.
There seems to be a few bugs in feudal-tournament.js:

line 161 missionVariabes.feudal_score += 100 - should be missionVariables
OK, corrected.
line 138 : these don't seem to be defined:

this.defineTournamentGender()
this.defineTournamentInputs()
player.feudalRankGenerator()
this.defineTournamentOutputs()
I was using the wrong reference for the generator inputs and outputs in the script; have corrected these.
line 314: system.legacy_addShipsWithinRadius([missionVariables.feudal_tournament_opponent_role], 1, "wsu", [0, 0, 0.32], 5000)

... opponent role does not seem to be defined.
Haven't quite bottomed this one out. So long as there's a feudal ship remaining in the system its details should be logged and recorded successfully. Do remember if the last ship's name came up in a comms message at all?
Also, during tournament 5, the ships in the melee don't fight each other - is this suppose to happen?
An error on a script meant that the ships weren't being switched to the melee AI properly. They'll now fight each other, though they'll also attack the player if they're closer.
Download Resistance Commander plus many other exciting OXPs HERE
DGill
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by DGill »

Thank you Ramirez - regarding the ships name the comms message there seems to be a 'null' rather than a place name:

Image[/img]
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

OK, that's given be a bit more to go on. I've just had a look through the tournament script and there's a line that looks a bit suspect. Towards the end of the script there's this function that takes the outputs of the rank generator and saves them as a set of mission variables:

Code: Select all

this.defineTournamentOutputs = function()
{	
	missionVariables.feudal_tournament_opponent_firstname = player.rankGenerator_feudal_firstname
	missionVariables.feudal_tournament_opponent_lastname = player.rankGenerator_feudal_lastname
	missionVariables.feudal_tournament_opponent_house = player.rankGenerator_feudal_house
I think that third line is wrong - by this stage the opponent's house should already be defined as it's used in the rank generator to help come up with a suitable name (in this case a French noblewoman). The error means that the house gets overwritten with a null, as player.rankGenerator_feudal_house isn't actually defined.

If you happen to have a save game available, try deleting the third line from that section and see if it works. Otherwise, I'll modify and upload the OXP once I'm back at my mac.
DGill
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by DGill »

OK, deleted the third line only and got:

Image[/img]
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

OK, we're getting there I think. We're missing a definition for 'missionVariables.feudal_tournament_opponent_of'. Try adding this into the this.defineTournamentOutputs function as follows:

Code: Select all

this.defineTournamentOutputs = function()
{	
	missionVariables.feudal_tournament_opponent_firstname = player.rankGenerator_feudal_firstname
	missionVariables.feudal_tournament_opponent_lastname = player.rankGenerator_feudal_lastname
	missionVariables.feudal_tournament_opponent_of = player.rankGenerator_of
For Digebiti the result will be 'of' but for other houses it will be things like 'di', 'de', 'von', etc.
DGill
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by DGill »

It's working fine now Ramirez.

One possible minor issue is that after winning the final single combat and collecting the reward, on leaving the lodge the tournament mission does not seem to reset:

Image[/img]
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

Oops, I was missing a resetTournament line in the script there. I've added that in now so that should clear all the variables and F5 text after the last event.