New version of illicit unlock available soon?

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

parazaine
Dangerous
Dangerous

New version of illicit unlock available soon?

Post by parazaine »

I'm looking for a way to unlock Griff's pirate ships as player versions available to buy.

I thought illicitic unlock was supposed to do this but it doesn't seem to work.

I amended the chance of various ship's appearance in the shipyard plist to 1.0000 to force their appearance just to check it was working with no success.

Note, I have neolite oxp installed although griffs other ships are replacing the neolite versions in the shipyard.

Any help would be appreciated. I would probably not buy the pirate ships even if they were available but it adds some nice eyecandy to the shipyard.
'Either this wallpaper goes, or I do'

Oscar Wilde's last words
CheeseRedux
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CheeseRedux »

The Griff Industries wiki page has a link to a version of Illicit unlock for Griff's ships.
"Actually this is a common misconception... I do *not* in fact have a lot of time on my hands at all! I just have a very very very very bad sense of priorities."
--Dean C Engelhardt
parazaine
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by parazaine »

Yes, i'm using it but it doesn't seem to unlock the pirate ships.

I realise (from looking at the shipyard plist) that the chance of them appearing is v v low.

Perhaps that's why I havent seen them yet?

Oscar Wilde's last words
CheeseRedux
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CheeseRedux »

Have you tried uninstalling all other ship OXPs?
With less options to choose from, that ought to make them appear if at all able.
The only other thing I can think of is that it might be designed for either the individual download or the all-in-one pack, but not both.

Anything beyond that will have to be answered by people who actually know what they're talking about...
"Actually this is a common misconception... I do *not* in fact have a lot of time on my hands at all! I just have a very very very very bad sense of priorities."
--Dean C Engelhardt
parazaine
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by parazaine »

CheeseRedux wrote:
Have you tried uninstalling all other ship OXPs?
With less options to choose from, that ought to make them appear if at all able.
The only other thing I can think of is that it might be designed for either the individual download or the all-in-one pack, but not both.

Anything beyond that will have to be answered by people who actually know what they're talking about...
Yes, I tried that...they didnt appear.

It may be related to me using dizzy's all in one ship list of griff's ships?

Maybe I have to download them all individually?

I also had a look at altering the ship and shipyard plist files etc and creating my own 'illicit unlock' but i'm afraid my coding knowledge is non-existant so I gave up before I ruined my install.

Oscar Wilde's last words