May have found a bug with PlanetFall Taxi

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

lave
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Deep in Leesti space mining asteroids for a living.

May have found a bug with PlanetFall Taxi

Post by lave »

Hi.

I have been playing the game in a slightly different way.
I have been flying between the Lave Academy and the main station to earn myself some money by doing some taxi work.

Once I had enough credits I got myself the upgrade to allow me to land on planets.

I got a job to take someone to Lave Prime. I flew to Lave and landed.
The Black Monks Bank popped up. After declining thier kind offer of 20,000 credits, I was taken back to the main screen but I was not awarded my credits for the taxi ride.

The taxi mission text is now stuck on the F5 screen.
I flew to a moon and another planet in the Lave system just to see if the 'Prime planet' wasn't actually Lave itself, but the taxi script is still not giving me the credits.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

EDIT:
I just tried again with another commander save file.
I flew to Lave, landed and I got my credits.

The Black Monks script didn't pop up this time though.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

I'll look into it. Might be that Black Monks isn't nicely closing its mission screen, and so leaving the Taxi one pending. I thought I'd coded around that, but will give it another look and check.

The prime planet is always the one below the main station (the original one that the trunk code adds). The only known glitch at the moment is when another OXP like Deep Horizons System Redux (or whatever it's now called) changes said planet into a gas giant so you can't land there.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Could it be simply that you forgot to open the missions screen (f5 f5)? PF Taxi requires you to open it when you arrive at your destination, as otherwise the passenger doesn't realise you have arrived.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
lave
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lave »

JazHaz wrote:
Could it be simply that you forgot to open the missions screen (f5 f5)? PF Taxi requires you to open it when you arrive at your destination, as otherwise the passenger doesn't realise you have arrived.
As soon as I have landed on the prime planet, or any other place that the passenger wants to go to, the srcipt opens up straight away to give me my credits.
There is no need for me to press F5 twice.

Although I did do that anyway, which is how I saw the mission text still there.
lave
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lave »

I just noticed something else.

When I land on a moon, it shows me as landed on a 'Minor' which, in the script, is a planet (Sub) and not a moon.

Therefore if I am taking someone to a moon the payment part of the script does not pop up, because it thinks I have landed on a planet.

I'm wondering if the OXP that actually creates the moons and planets has an error in it somewhere?

And yes it was a moon I landed on, and not a planet. There was no atmosphere.

Thanks