Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

White Dots instead of planet icons. (Solved)

News and discussion of the PC port of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

OneoftheLost
Deadly
Deadly

White Dots instead of planet icons. (Solved)

Post by OneoftheLost »

Here's my one and only problem with my latest download of Oolite. I remember that before, the planets had little icons showing what they where, instead, I see white dots. Im almost certain my drivers are up to date (updated them a week ago.) and Ive tried playing with the shader settings. Still no dice.

Any ideas?

I'm running a :

Windows 7 64bit.
2.6ghz Intel Core i5
4gb Ram
Nvidia GTS 360M 1GB of Video ram.

I cannot fathom what the issue is, but Im worried its something serious with my computer, because in FFE and FE2 I see white dots on the radar. Oolite's radar works fine.

So what the heck is with all this white nonsense? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.[/img]
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Just checking, so my apologies if this is a stupid question! You have been pressing "i" on the F6 screen, yes? Because the planets always appear as white dots: but pressing "i" brings up system info icons next to the dots instead of names.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Disembodied is spot-on.

The white dots (actually it isn't dots, you see that they reflect the size of the planet) are normal. A nice icon with some extra information only pops up if and as long as you press "I". (hint: Information)
OneoftheLost
Deadly
Deadly

Post by OneoftheLost »

:shock:

Actually, MINE was the stupid question!

For some reason, I kept thinking an older version showed that info permanantly. Plus, I was worried I had an issue, like I did with FFE.

Looks like I'm in the clear! *relieved*

:P

I'll have to use 'I' more often. Thanks again!
christina
Competent
Competent

Re: White Dots instead of planet icons. (Solved)

Post by christina »

i had the same concerns last year, i wrote on this forum and suggested the bsg oxp image background for the short range scanner have
written somewhere " press 'i' for planet information'. i think the writer of bsg was going to change it.

in the end i did it my self by dropping the short range image into photoshop and added the text.