Wolf MkII

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Darkbee
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Wolf MkII

Post by Darkbee »

I've got the Wolf MkII OXP installed (I'm actually flying one) but I've noticed an issue in the ship yards with the pricing of Wolves available to buy. Essentially the issue is this: Any Wolf MkII being sold with equipment is actually cheaper than the standard Wolf MkII without equipment (I think the base price is 500K credits).

I assume this pricing is dictated by the OXP rather than the base game?

I see there are two versions of the OXP, I can't quite remember which one I'm using. What's the easiest way to check? (just look in the OXP folder?)
Darkbee
Oolite: A grOovy Kind of Love
snork
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by snork »

There are several Wolf Mk2 in the package (3.3) - base prices being
490K, 580K and 620K.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Wolf MkII

Post by Commander McLane »

Darkbee wrote:
I see there are two versions of the OXP, I can't quite remember which one I'm using. What's the easiest way to check? (just look in the OXP folder?)
That's indeed a sensible idea. :) Possibly you have both installed, and they have a different baseprice, so that you get the more expensive one without extra equipment, and the cheaper one with extra equipment, which would account for your observation.
Darkbee
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Darkbee »

snork wrote:
There are several Wolf Mk2 in the package (3.3) - base prices being
490K, 580K and 620K.
oh, interesting. So, what's the difference? They have different stats? I've not really investigated closely as you can see. :roll:
Darkbee
snork
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by snork »

I am not sure - at first glance I see only minor differences in energy recharge rate, max energy, TL needed for the ship to appear, and the "cheap one" having a little less max speed.

--------------------

Keep also in mind that if any ship gets sold at a world below their dignity (in Techlevel) the price goes through the roof.
Darkbee
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Darkbee »

That's actually amusing... sort of makes me think of cheap eBay knock-offs. :D

"I'm sorry, we simply cannot help you. We are licensed to service authentic Wolf models only. We cannot operate on unlicensed rebranded models"
"But, but.. the salesman assured me that this was a genuine imitation Wolf MkII, one careful owner!"
"Good day Sir!"
Darkbee
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

AFAIK there are the scuffed, pre-owned, slightly less high-performance models; there are the shiny, brand-new models without someone else's bum-print in the command couch; and there are the rare, cherry-red and just that fraction more evil Wolf Mk II Special Editions.
snork
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by snork »

I think the main problem with the cheap model is, it is like driving a BMW 3.

Everyone is going to assume that what you really wanted is the big BMW Limo, but weren't able to afford it.

So you are going to become like the natural prey for those folks who want to sell you 100% genuine Roolex, fell off a truck Anaconda just this moonday.