Oolite test release 1.74.2

News and discussion of the PC port of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Oolite test release 1.74.2

Post by JensAyton »

Oolite test release 1.74.2 is now available from GURPO. This is a bug-fix update to 1.74.1.

Changes between Oolite 1.74.1 and Oolite 1.74.2:
  • Stopped player from selecting invalid jump destination during jump countdown.
  • Fixed docking permissions inconsistencies: all hostile stations now refuse docking permissions.
  • Switching to custom views now allowed in a consistent way.
  • Weapon repeat rate is now per-weapon.
  • Current zoom level is now preserved when switching HUDs.
  • Exhaust plume now resets after hyperspace jumps/scripted teleporting/auto-docking.
  • Fixed overlapping system confusion when loading games and searching for systems.
  • All automatically generated sun skimmers should now be adequately shielded.
  • Fixed occasional “bleached”-looking planets on system info screen.
  • Fixed wrong distance showing on the short range chart when switching back from the long range chart.
  • Improved default speech synthesis voice (not Mac OS X).
  • SystemInfo.systemsInRange() can now be called on a specific SystemInfo object, instead of always applying to the current system.
  • New JavaScript event: shipAttackedOther() (inverse of shipBeingAttacked(), called immediately after shipBeingAttacked()).
  • If a script removes a piece of equipment in the equipmentDamaged() event handler, no “equipment damaged” message is generated.
  • Ship.removeEquipment() now works on damaged equipment.
  • Fixed substitution priority for expandDescription() and expandMissionText(), the local override dictionary now takes precedence over everything else.
  • New shipinfo key: station_roll.
  • Fixed some cases where AIs could break group handling.
  • Shader errors detected in the link phase (generally, problems involving state shared between the vertex and fragment shader) are now reported properly.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Thank you, kind sirs.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Cody

Post by Cody »

Curious… 1.74.2 throws up a bunch of errors related to the Griff Krait oxp, that weren’t there in 1.74.1.
Sample:

Code: Select all

[shader.link.failure]: ***** ERROR: GLSL shader program linking failed for griff_krait_enviromap.vertex/griff_krait_chrome_scoop_eu.fragment:
>>>>> GLSL log:
Fragment shader(s) failed to link,  vertex shader(s) failed to link. 
ERROR: error(#277) Symbol 'gl_TexCoord[0]' usage doesn't match between two stages
ERROR: error(#277) Symbol 'gl_TexCoord[0]' usage doesn't match between two stages

[shader.load.fullModeFailed]: ----- WARNING: Could not build shader griff_krait_enviromap.vertex/griff_krait_chrome_scoop_eu.fragment in full complexity mode, trying simple mode.
  [shader.link.failure]: ***** ERROR: GLSL shader program linking failed for griff_krait_enviromap.vertex/griff_krait_chrome_scoop_eu.fragment:
>>>>> GLSL log:

[shader.load.failed]: ***** ERROR: Could not build shader griff_krait_enviromap.vertex/griff_krait_chrome_scoop_eu.fragment.
Aside from that, great… although 1.74.2 came ‘loaded’ with trouble. My first jump dropped me into about ten or a dozen bandits… I got wiped pdq. Thanks guys!
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

El Viejo wrote:
Curious… 1.74.2 throws up a bunch of errors related to the Griff Krait oxp, that weren’t there in 1.74.1.
Sample:

>>>>> GLSL log:

[shader.load.fullModeFailed]: ----- WARNING: Could not build shader griff_krait_enviromap.vertex/griff_krait_chrome_scoop_eu.fragment in full complexity mode, trying simple mode.
>>>>> GLSL log:

[shader.load.failed]: ***** ERROR: Could not build shader griff_krait_enviromap.vertex/griff_krait_chrome_scoop_eu.fragment.
I believe this is a problem in the Krait shaders, which is now caught when previously it wasn't. Check the last bulletpoint in the changes list.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

El Viejo wrote:
The errors were there, they just weren’t being reported properly. It’s right there in the release notes. :-)
Cody

Post by Cody »

Cool... Griff Krait oxp now removed.
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

oh, i think this might just be a line in the griff_krait_chrome_scoop_eu.fragment that i've forgotten to delete, it's line 88

vec2 texCoord = gl_TexCoord[0].st;
It's not supposed to be there, you can just delete that out in a text editor and resave the shader, i'll have to wait until tomorrow to download 1.74.2 because of my feeble home internet, but i'll test properly then and fix the oxp

edit: oh wait, i can use the 1.74.1 to 1.74.2 updater file, give me a moment then i'll see if that shader edit does the trick
Cody

Post by Cody »

That seems to do it Griff, clear log now... thanks.
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

weird, i don't get the error in my Oolite log after using the 1.74.1 -1.74.2 updater and the oxp with the dodgy shader -

[log.header]: Opening log for Oolite version 1.74.2 (x86-32 test release) under Windows at 2010-07-25 18:33:19 +0100.
2 processors detected.
Oolite options: procedural planet textures, docking clearance, wormhole scanner, target incoming missiles, spoken messages, JavaScript console support, OXP verifier, localization tools, debug GraphViz support.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

[joystickHandler.init]: Number of joysticks detected: 1
[display.mode.list.native]: Windows native resolution detected: 1920 x 1080
[dataCache.rebuild.explicitFlush]: Cache explicitly flushed with shift key. Rebuilding from scratch.
[searchPaths.dumpAll]: Unrestricted Mode - Resources paths:
    Resources
    ../AddOns
    ../AddOns/griff_krait_v1.1.oxp
    ../AddOns/spawneroxp.oxp
[rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 3.2.0 ("3.2.0")
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Renderer: GeForce 8800 GTS/PCI/SSE2
[rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (180):
GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_NV_texture_shader2, GL_NV_texture_shader3, GL_NV_gpu_program4, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_NV_texture_barrier, GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object, GL_NV_vertex_array_range, GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test, GL_ARB_draw_instanced, GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_NV_vertex_program2, GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_NV_vertex_program3, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_NV_vertex_program1_1, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_NV_vertex_buffer_unified_memory, GL_NV_copy_image, GL_EXT_texture_cube_map, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_ATI_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_ARB_sync, GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3, GL_EXT_direct_state_access, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_compatibility, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_ARB_map_buffer_range, GL_SGIX_depth_texture, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_EXT_texture_object, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample_coverage, GL_KTX_buffer_region, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_NV_texture_env_combine4, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_ARB_imaging, GL_NV_register_combiners, GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions, GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_EXT_bindable_uniform, GL_EXT_texture_swizzle, GL_NV_primitive_restart, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil, GL_NV_multisample_coverage, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_ARB_vertex_array_object, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_NV_register_combiners2, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_SUN_slice_accum, GL_EXT_texture_lod, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object, GL_NV_texture_shader, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_EXT_vertex_array, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_NV_transform_feedback, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_NV_texture_rectangle, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_ARB_copy_buffer, GL_NV_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_ARB_geometry_shader4, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_EXT_draw_instanced, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_NV_fragment_program_option, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_NV_fence, GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_ARB_texture_multisample, WGL_EXT_swap_control, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_NV_fragment_program2, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_NV_float_buffer, GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_WIN_swap_hint, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_SGIX_shadow, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_NV_vertex_program2_option, GL_NV_vertex_array_range2, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object, GL_NV_pixel_data_range, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_NV_half_float, GL_NV_geometry_shader4, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object2, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_NV_occlusion_query, GL_EXT_point_parameters, GL_EXT_Cg_shader, GL_NV_vertex_program, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_NVX_conditional_render, GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc, GL_NV_explicit_multisample, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_NV_fragment_program, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_S3_s3tc, GL_NV_point_sprite, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp, GL_EXTX_framebuffer_mixed_formats, GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_NV_texture_expand_normal, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, GL_NV_shader_buffer_load
[rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
[rendering.opengl.shader.mode]: Shader mode set to SHADERS_FULL.
[shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
[script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 6 world scripts:
    oolite-cloaking-device 1.74.2
    oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.74.2
    oolite-nova 1.74.2
    oolite-thargoid-plans 1.74.2
    oolite-trumbles 1.74.2
    Spawn-griffkrait 1.0.1
[loading.complete]: ========== Loading complete. ==========
[testscript.spawn]: Generated 3 griffkrait for testing purposes.
[gameController.exitApp]: .GNUstepDefaults synchronized.

Closing log at 2010-07-25 18:34:10 +0100.
I've only got the krait oxp and a spawner oxp installer (spawneroxp is just a config folder with a script.js file in it to spawn 3 chrome grifkraits outside the station upon launching)
even pauing the game, pressing s to enable shader debug mode doesn't bring it up in the log even after docking and launching again so it spawns another 3 kraits with the faulty shader
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Griff wrote:
weird, i don't get the error in my Oolite log
Can’t someone get this man a computer with a more finicky OpenGL implementation?
Cody

Post by Cody »

Griff, I’ve been using this oxp, as per your recommendation: fixed_shader_krait(EW).oxp, rather than the griff_krait_v1.1.oxp.
Is that the difference, perhaps?
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Congrats for the new version.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

El Viejo wrote:
Griff, I’ve been using this oxp, as per your recommendation: fixed_shader_krait(EW).oxp, rather than the griff_krait_v1.1.oxp.
Is that the difference, perhaps?
Both should be the same as I added Griffs newest shaders shortly before I added my changes. And like Griff, I also don't get an error in my log. It probably depends on the card if this error is generated or just ignored.

I also ran the shader with the mac "openGL Shader Builder". That also gave no error on this extra line. But it did for the "vEnvTexCoord" that is used by an other griff_krait_enviromap.vertex shader. So there is still something wrong.

But back to the new release:
It is good that Oolite becomes better and better in detecting errors. Helps writing bug free oxps. (if such a thing as bug free is possible)
Zieman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zieman »

The newly updated Griff Krait 1.1 doesn't give me any errors in 1.74.2 (WinXP 32bit, ATI 3870), but Griff Prototype Boa (turreted one for Oolite 1.74) does give these:

[shader.link.failure]: ***** ERROR: GLSL shader program linking failed for griff_boa_prototype-generic.vertex/griff_boa_prototype_glowy_towers.fragment:
>>>>> GLSL log:

[shader.load.fullModeFailed]: ----- WARNING: Could not build shader griff_boa_prototype-generic.vertex/griff_boa_prototype_glowy_towers.fragment in full complexity mode, trying simple mode.
  [shader.link.failure]: ***** ERROR: GLSL shader program linking failed for griff_boa_prototype-generic.vertex/griff_boa_prototype_glowy_towers.fragment:
>>>>> GLSL log:

[shader.load.failed]: ***** ERROR: Could not build shader griff_boa_prototype-generic.vertex/griff_boa_prototype_glowy_towers.fragment.
[loading.complete]: ========== Loading complete. ==========
...and keep it under lightspeed!

Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat

[EliteWiki] Far Arm ships
[EliteWiki] Z-ships
[EliteWiki] Baakili Far Trader
[EliteWiki] Tin of SPAM
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

Hmm, i'm not sure what that error with the enviromap shader in the krait is, is it just happening in 'shader builder' eric? I've had a look through the shader and it looks ok, although it's in a bit of code i copied from an example shader i found on the internet to create a simple refelction map effect so i'm not exactly sure what it's doing with its long list of calculations - it might help make the error go away if you change lines 16 & 17 in 'griff_krait_enviromap.vertex' to

vEnvTexCoord.x = r.x/m + 0.5;
   vEnvTexCoord.y = r.y/m + 0.5;
it's written as vEnvTexCoord.s & vEnvTexCoord.t at the moment, maybe the fragment shader doesn't like that?

It looks like the shader error Zieman found in the 'griff_boa_prototype_glowy_towers.fragment'is the same as the krait one, ie a stray vec2 texCoord = gl_TexCoord[0].st; (line 89) left behind in the shader, i'll delete it out and re-upload the oxp