Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

3d design mouses

Discussion and announcements regarding the Mac port… er, original version of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Yodeebe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

3d design mouses

Post by Yodeebe »

Hiya.
does anyone have any experience of the 3d design "mice", like the ones '3D connexion' do?
Presumably they're pretty cool for flying with, as well as 3d design work, which i do quite a bit of.
what i want to know, apart from "any good?" is if they can also be used as a normal mouse, or do you need a normal mouse as well?
they say you can use a normal mouse with it, but not if you have to use a normal mouse.

Also, Ahruman, you'd probably know this:
can you turn the imac's brightness down more than what looks like it's minimum setting? it's still a bit intense, with a big white webpage up.

many thanks.

jody
goran
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: 3d design mouses

Post by goran »

Yodeebe wrote:
Also, Ahruman, you'd probably know this:
can you turn the imac's brightness down more than what looks like it's minimum setting? it's still a bit intense, with a big white webpage up.
If I may step in, You should try calibrating your monitor. There is the D point in the last step (not at home right now and no macs here) and lowering should help.
Yodeebe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yodeebe »

cool.
Thanks Goran.

Ahhh, thats much better.
I quite like it bright in Space, but like it as soft as possible for other stuff.
cheers.