Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

more energy banks

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

hemiola
Poor
Poor

more energy banks

Post by hemiola »

Hi, I am an old elite fan from Taiwan and now a new oolite player! I am so happy to fly again in the space. Thanks to the develop team!

My Cobra MK3 has 4 energy banks by default. However, I find out that some people have 7 or 8 energy banks. Could any body tell me who to get them?

a little request to site administrator:

When I started to play oolite 2 weeks ago, I knew about this forum from the oolite official site. But everytime I try to link to this forum in Taiwan, I get no response. Now I can post here just because I am on my trip to USA.

I guess that the IP addresses from Taiwan are blocked in this site. I hope there could be a solution for this, otherwise I could not read posts any more when I back to Taiwan.

Thank you.
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: more energy banks

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

hemiola wrote:
Hi, I am an old elite fan from Taiwan and now a new oolite player! I am so happy to fly again in the space. Thanks to the develop team!

My Cobra MK3 has 4 energy banks by default. However, I find out that some people have 7 or 8 energy banks. Could any body tell me who to get them?
Welcome to the friendliest BB this side of Reidquat! Have an ale and a BBQ trumbleburger, enjoy your stay. :)

Customary greeting done. Now... To have more energy banks, you need to purchase a new ship. Choose from many native models, or download and install a few oxp ships. We, the seasoned players who leaned to mod the game, have built up a vast shipyard to try out.
A word of warning, though; many of those ships are scarily powerful, and the bad guys can fly them, too.

Even more stuff is available as oxp mods!
Lots of cool weapons and bits of equipment.
Missions? Many adventures await.
And ways to pretty up Oolite with much candy for the eyes.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

About the connection issue: as far as I know we're not blocking any country, but if you use a proxy from outside of Taiwan once you're back home, that should solve the problem.

Not an ideal solution, I know, but a solution nonetheless... :)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Poro
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Poro »

Welcome to the boards hemiola! In addition to what has been said, don't think that when you see "Extra energy unit" for sale, that it will increase your energy cells. It will actually cause your energy to regenerate a bit faster.
hemiola
Poor
Poor

Post by hemiola »

Thank you for your explication, Cmdr Wyvern and Poro. So bad that my old Cobra MK 3 could only have 4 banks. But I would still stay on my old Cobra MK 3. I love it, even though I always am shot down when facing a group of pirates.

And you are right. Elite is great, but Oolite is even better! I have installed BountyScanner, Deep Horizons Lights Down and System Redux, Galaxy Navy, Feudal States, and more. So interesting!

Thank you too, Kaks. I hope the proxy would work.
Pluisje
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Pluisje »

If you like the Cobra, but want more energy, start saving for a SuperCobra. Only a little over 1.6 million Cr.
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

hemiola wrote:
Thank you for your explication, Cmdr Wyvern and Poro. So bad that my old Cobra MK 3 could only have 4 banks. But I would still stay on my old Cobra MK 3. I love it, even though I always am shot down when facing a group of pirates.
Of the native ships, the Cobby is one of the best, especially with upgrades. A well kitted out - or as we say, "iron assed" - Cobby, flown by an expert, is more than most hoodlums can handle. As for being a top gun pilot, an aftermarket flight control upgrade goes a long way towards that end.

There's a variety of oxp equipment, HUD, and weapons kit available as well.

But untill you have the Cr to dress the old girl up, you can avoid pirate attacks altogether by taking a roundabout route.
On coming out of Witchspace, turn 90 degrees away from the planet, hit the 'j' drive - aka Torus, Hyperspeed or Supercruise - and fly that way for about a minute. Turn back towards the planet, and it's a straight uninterrupted cruise all the way to orbit.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
On coming out of Witchspace, turn 90 degrees away from the planet, hit the 'j' drive - aka Torus, Hyperspeed or Supercruise - and fly that way for about a minute. Turn back towards the planet, and it's a straight uninterrupted cruise all the way to orbit.
Assuming of course you don't have Deep Space Pirates OXP installed. Otherwise, that can be really nasty as they can randomly appear >100 km from the spacelane.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Switeck wrote:
Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
Assuming of course you don't have Deep Space Pirates OXP installed. Otherwise, that can be really nasty as they can randomly appear >100 km from the spacelane.
Well, I'd tend to think that a player who wants to get to the planet fast by avoiding the corridor wouldn't install Deep Space Pirates.oxp in the first place. It would kind of defeat his purpose, wouldn't it?
Last edited by Commander McLane on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

Certainly true.
There is also a narrow corridor between DSP "zone" and the regular spacelanes, but you'd need to show frame rates (SHIFT+F) to reliably stay in it.