Uni-bomb is too much of a uni-bomb. .

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Uni-bomb is too much of a uni-bomb. .

Post by UK_Eliter »

. . in that, whenever I use it, it blows me up (instantly - and even when my ship is in perfect health). That happens with too different ships - but I haven't seen whether it happens when I remove other OXPs.

I've got Oolite 1.7.41-test, and version 2.4 of the Missiles & Bombs OXP.

Can anyone help?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

If it doesn't involve a bug in Oolite itself it should be posted in the Expansion Packs section.

I understand that the bomb mentioned is part of Missiles & Bombs.oxp? In that case it would be a good idea to post in that OXP's thread.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

It's from Armoury OXP, not M&B.

It shouldn't kill the player ship in any case, just do a lot of damage (set the energy low - somewhere between 32 and 64, if the existing energy is higher than that). The bomb is designed as an E-bomb replacement so will damage NPC ships much more if the dice fall wrongly for them (its effects are range dependent too).

It should be a rare bomb in NPC cases it is a weighting of (0.01). If that's still too high for you then adjust it in the shipdata.plist of the OXP, or remove the missile(0.01) from line 43 to take it out of NPC hands completely.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

Thanks everyone. I presume that the bug - for the bomb does, automatically, kill *me* when *I* launch it - is in the OXP rather the Oolite itself. So I will post in a relevant threat in the Expansion Pack forum.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

I'll close this topic now, to avoid having two threads with the same subject in two different locations. The discussion about the uni-bomb can continue in the thread in Expansion Pack.